Disk Defragmenter Start Up Issues

So I tried running my defragmenter and I received a message stating the defragmenter can not run because the task scheduler service is not running. In services the task scheduler is set at automatic but is not running. When I attempt to start the service I get a message Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start. So when i got through and check the TSS dependencies I get the following:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Running (Automatic)
              DCOM Server Process Launcher  - Running (Automatic)
              RPC Endpoint Mapper - Running (Automatic)
  • Systems Event Broker - NOT Running (Manual Trigger Start)
I conclude that the system event broker must be issue with the task scheduler service, so when I go to start the system event broker I get an Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.

I've searched the net for a solution to this issue with no luck. Please help!
Hi,

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry  ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows)

1. Press Windows key + R->Type in regedit in the run prompt and hit enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Services / Ndisuio
3. On the right panel, see the "Start" entry. If that is set to 4, change it to 3.
3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet002 / Services / Ndisuio
4. Again, if the "Start" entry is set to 4, change it to 3.
5. Close Registry Editor.
6. Reboot computer
7. Then check if you are able to start those services.

Post us the results, Once you try the above steps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2020 Views 220 Applies to: