Microsoft keyboard 200 disconnects and reconnects

Just as the guy described on this post: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/keyboard-freeze-in-windows-8/ec72b330-7f38-47b3-a772-38136bfd5340

"i noticed that when i leave the keyboard untouched for a few seconds - it turns off (at least its lights do).

The problem is this also happens when i hold down a key for a few seconds - windows makes a sounds, all the keyboards light go off,

i let go of the key but it keeps acting as if it is being pressed, and all other keys stop responding.

after i press around some other keys for a few times - windows makes a different sound the keyboard comes back to life."

If i keep pressing a button for a long time the keyboard disconnects and reconnects.
I tried different usb ports and even different PCs(All on windows 8.1), the same problem occurs.

The solution given to him was to "Uncheck the option which says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"."
Which for me is not only unchecked but disabled as well (probably because I'm using the high performance power settings"

My drivers are up to date, no other keyboard had that problem.
I can't even use Ctrl+C/V/X sometimes(or shift or alt or arrow keys) , the keyboard just shuts down and powers up again.

I also tried to disable "USB selective suspend setting" nothing changed.

Update : The keyboard works perfectly while on BIOS and Linux.

Answer
Answer
Hello Naenia,

I can understand how frustrating it can be when things does not work as expected.

Have you made any recent changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Lets try the following methods and check if they helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + "W" key on your keyboard..
2. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
3. Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

4. Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the above method did not help, follow steps from the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshooting: Keyboards
Hope this information helps, please reply with the status of the issue for any further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2019 Views 3,780 Applies to: