Lenovo Miix 2 touchscreen and Bluetooth issues (error code 43) on Windows 8.1

Original Title: Lenovo Miix 2 - 8 inch 8.1 tablet touchscreen failures

I am currently using a lenovo miix 2 8 inch tablet running a fresh windows 8.1 install with all available updates. The tablet works flawlessly for hours on end, but every now and then the touchscreen just completely refuses to work, often immediately after connecting my bluetooth headset, mouse, or keyboard. sometimes it gives error 43, and needs to be disabled and re-enabled, and other times it just says it's working fine.

just to get some potential dead ends out of the way:

1. i've tried a fresh install already.

2. i've unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for both "I2C HID Device" in the device manager

3. i've tried using the 1.07 bios that has been floating around, which has not helped. 

4. I have been going through the event viewer, and consistantly found the following messages:

source: win32k

A touch device does not support the maximum count properly

Source: Kernel-PnP

the driver \driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device Sensors\BcmGNSSLocationSensor(lots of numbers)

Source: Kernel-PnP

the driver \driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device HID\INV6050\4&418b572&1&0000.

each boot, these are the only "warning" events, and they lead me to conclude that somehow both the GPS and Touch screen are failing to load on boot.

the touch screen is running on the base drivers that windows 8.1 installs automatically, and the GPS is running on Lenovo's drivers from their website.

sorry if this was long winded, just wanted to give relevant information. thank's in advance for any help :)

Answer
Answer

Seems the issue is with Silverlight and Update for Windows 8.1 (KB2962409). I did several tests this weekend and found that the Miix 2 8 worked fine without these 2 updates. The moment either Silverlight is installed or KB2962409 update is applied, the touchscreen begins to stop responding intermittently. Seem more severe with Silverlight where it almost does not recover even with reboot. With KB2962409, the touchscreen randomly works after a few reboots, and sometime after leave it in sleep mode for sometime.

Hope MS or Lenovo can find out what the real issues are. A bit handicapped with streaming from some websites without Silverlight. Hope MS can release another Silverlight version that does not trigger the fault.

For the moment, I uninstalled both the above and the touchscreen seems to work just fine. If other users find this helpful, please let this forum know as well and forward to the relevant Lenovo forums too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for providing all the required information related to the issue. We also appreciate the effort that you have put to try and fix the issue till now.

Apart from corrupt drivers for the Bluetooth or the touchscreen, corrupt chipset driver for the laptop could also cause such issues.

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the methods listed below:

Method 1:

Refer to the link and run the hardware and device troubleshooter:

Refer to the section “Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

If the issue still persists, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

For issues with the Bluetooth and touch screen driver, I would suggest you to uninstall the driver for the subsequent device and then restart the laptop. This will reinstall the driver for the device. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X keys and select Device Manager.
  • Locate the Bluetooth radios and expand the driver icon.
  • Right Click on the driver icon and select Uninstall.
  • Follow the onscreen instruction to uninstall the driver.
  • Restart the laptop. Check if the issue persists with the Bluetooth devices.
  • Open Device Manager again and locate Human Interface devices icon and expand the driver icon.
  • Right Click on each driver and choose Uninstall. Click on Scan for hardware changes icon on the top of the window. Check if it fixes the issue. If not, restart the laptop and the device drivers will be reinstalled automatically.

For error code 43, you can refer to the article to get the details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873(v=ws.10).aspx

If the issue still persists, download and install the latest chipset and display driver for Windows 8.1. Refer to the link to do so:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS038319

Also, choose Bluetooth from the drop down menu and check if the latest version on the website is already installed on the laptop.

Please keep us posted.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 2, 2022 Views 10,299 Applies to: