AMD graphics driver not working after installing windows 8.1

AMD Radeon graphics driver crashed after upgrading to windows 8.1. I tried installing different versions of drivers and beta versions. Nothing got it right.

Please help. My product is HP Pavilion g6-2004tx Notebook PC
Same problem here. Did you find any solution ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The are 2 possibilities from my troubleshooting the same problem:-

1/. Check your Laptop / PC manufacturer for updates. Mine is Dell and the Card manufacturers supposed correct drivers did not work

2/. Did have any update that include a Graphics Card driver.

Check out the Related Content on the right, even if it does not quite suit you problem.

That it is the extent of my experience of the problems. My Card is an AMD Radeon HD 8730M and nether the AMD nor Microsoft Update drivers worked only the Dell. I think some of the hardware is not exactly as described but some variant!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's my answer from a post above; it may be relevant:

I had something similar happen going to 8.1.  My wifi connected slowly and then the signal was poor.  

Device Manager said the latest driver was installed, but out of frustration I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver twice and it now works perfectly.  I had the same thing happen with a couple of other drivers, including the display driver, where Device Manager said they were installed but they didn't seem to be.  In fact, when I reinstalled the AMD display driver the installation program said there wasn't any AMD driver present!

Try running through the uninstall-reinstall a couple of times; I hope it works!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. I have an hd6670, after installing and rebooting windows 8.1 I got some notifications like driver was not installed properly or so, and the catalyst control center does not display all of its features like when there's no driver installed. Also, windows started having some issues like not letting me change system date and hour or not being able o install new fonts.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 15, 2022 Views 4,571 Applies to: