Unable to play Wild Tangent Games in Windows 8.1

Original title: Wild Tangent Games Issue

I have played Wild Tangent Games for years and then for some reason out of the blue I am getting a launch error message.

launch_1.0.0121.exe should be 329824 but is 2435

MSD.HTTPL.576-MSDL.HTTPDL.475

Wild Tangent says this is a security issue, but have tried everything and still can't get it to work.  One of the games I had already played open ok on Big Fish.

Even the games that I had purchased at Wild Tangent and tried to download again will not open I get the same error.  I took my computer back to factory settings (that's why I don't have any of the games I purchased on my computer now).  I haven't found another game site I like as well as Wild Tangent and would really like to fix this issue.  If anyone out there has had this same problem and has fixed the issue please share...Thanks...Kay

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Kay,

Sorry, to know that you are facing this issue. I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. What troubleshooting steps did you try to fix the issue?
  2. Have you installed all the latest drivers for the computer?
  3. Which antivirus program are you using?

You may face this issue if Wild Tangent game software is corrupted. Follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Since you mentioned this issue occurred recently. There might be some changes made on the computer due to which you are facing the issue. You can try performing system restore and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R
  2. Type rstrui and press enter.
  3. Click Next and choose the restore point, when your computer was working fine.

Method 2: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Wild Tangent game app and check.

Uninstall, change or repair a program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/uninstall-change-program

You can also reference the Help Center for a solution here:

http://wildtangent.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88/~/uninstalling-games

Method 3: If issue persist, perform clean boot on computer and check if game works.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for responding so quickly.  I will try to keep my response short however I have spent weeks trying to fix this.

I have gone through Wild Tangent Trouble Shooting and they were the ones that told me it was a security issue.  I tried doing all the things they suggested.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled their program several times.  I set Internet Exployer from Medium High Security to Medium as they suggested.

I have Trend Micro went into their settings and made Wild Tangent an exception.

I went to Microsoft's trouble Shooting site when I found Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1XML Editor (KB2251487) had failed to update.  I didn't really think this was an issue as it had failed to update back to 4/13.  I didn't have a problem with Wild Tangent until June 28 if I remember correctly.  The error code from April until June 13 had been 80242007 July 1 the error code changed to 80070002.  Microsoft Trouble Shooter had no solution for this and suggested I run through their trouble shooter which I did and it found 3 items that it said it fixed I don't remember all of them but I know one was registry keys.  Unfortunately it fixed the same 3 errors at least 3 times over the period of I think a week.

I went to Dell and spent $139.00 as my warranty had expired and had them do a system check which they fixed something, but it didn't solve the issue.

I went to Microsoft's Website in the hopes of finding help there and ended up talking to In Technologies and paying them $179.99 and spent 10 hours with them on my computer.  The only way they could get any games to download was when they started the computer in Safe Mode.  They took me to a Website called Zylom games and had me register there and one of the games I had tested on Wild Tangent opened there.  They then determined I should go back to Factory Settings which after 10 hours I agreed to.  We had already tried a System Restore back to a time when  Wild Tangent was working and that didn't work either.

When I got out all my software to start reloading I discovered I had life time support of my computer with Premier Tech.  We spent another 10 hours updating everything that needed to be updated I bought my computer 12/2012.  Restarting my computer took hours.  When all was said and done Wild Tangent still does not work and is giving me the same error.  Premier Tech said there was nothing they could do that it is a Wild Tangent Issue.

I have my computer set to update automatically.

If I knew someone to take my computer to that knows Wild Tangent inside and out and how it works I know I sound obsessed.  I just haven't found any other Website I trust like theirs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Sorry, to know that you are facing this issue. Check if you face similar issue in New user account.

Refer to the link to create an account;

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and Premier Tech suggest it’s an issue with Wild Tangent. There might be some update made by wild tangent which is causing the issue.

Thanks and regards,

John

John Rubdy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not quite sure what you are wanting me to do.  Do I have to create a new e-mail address or allowing someone else to access my computer.  I tried adding my e-mail address as a new user, but it said I already existed...Thanks...Kay

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kay,

No need to create new email address. Just create a local account you don’t need email to login to this account. Before creating Local account uninstall the game and Wild Tangent software.

After creating Local account download and install the Wild Tangent game software in Local account and check if it works.

Refer to section “create a local account” from this Microsoft article:

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Hope this helps.

John Rubdy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I set up a new account (by the way it did require and e-mail address to download Wild Tangent)

I got the same exact error only much quicker.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kay,

There is Wild Tangent game app in Windows Store try downloading and installing it and check if it helps:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-in/app/games-app/f03b0c59-7256-45a1-8ce6-56913db05f0f

Thanks and regards,

John

John Rubdy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Original title: Wild Tangent Games Issue

I have played Wild Tangent Games for years and then for some reason out of the blue I am getting a launch error message.

launch_1.0.0121.exe should be 329824 but is 2435

MSD.HTTPL.576-MSDL.HTTPDL.475

Wild Tangent says this is a security issue, but have tried everything and still can't get it to work.  One of the games I had already played open ok on Big Fish.

Even the games that I had purchased at Wild Tangent and tried to download again will not open I get the same error.  I took my computer back to factory settings (that's why I don't have any of the games I purchased on my computer now).  I haven't found another game site I like as well as Wild Tangent and would really like to fix this issue.  If anyone out there has had this same problem and has fixed the issue please share...Thanks...Kay

I would advise against using Wild Tangent Games.  I have removed it for many customers machines.  And malware scanners will, also, find & remove it.

Cheers,
Drew

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That has been done several times.  I went to Dell and while they had control of my computer they were able to download one game which I then thought somehow the issue was fixed.  It does allow me to play that game, but when I try to download any others. I get the same error.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that several times.  When Dell had control of my computer they were able to download one game which I am able to play, but when I tried to download another game I got the same error.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2020 Views 1,577 Applies to: