Clenchmask
Had this question 9
Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies
Clenchmask asked on

Getting an ESENT error message: "No debugger is installed on this machine. Please install one now"

Original title: ESENT error, Debugging me.

Getting an error message in window with ESENT stamped across the top. The message itself it, "No debugger is installed on this machine. Please install one now." The only options below this are Retry and Cancel. Anything I can do to stop this from happening incessantly?

Praseetha K
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Praseetha K replied on
Microsoft

Hi Stewart,

What is the make and model of your computer?

You may refer to the computer manufacture website and try installing the latest version of chipset drivers.

If Windows 8 drivers are not available, then you may install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode and check.

a. Right click on the driver setup file and select Properties.

b. Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7.

Praseetha K
Found this helpful 1
Praseetha K replied on
Microsoft

Hi,

1. When exactly are you receiving this error message?

2. Does this happen when you use any specific application?

3. Have you made any recent changes on the Windows 8 system?

You may perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue.

a. Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b. In the ‘Run’ window type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c. Click the ‘Boot’ tab and uncheck ‘Safe Boot’ option.

d. On the General tab, click to select the option ‘Selective startup’, and then click to clear the option Load startup items check box.

e. On the ‘Services tab’, click to select the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box, and then click Disable all.

f. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow these steps to return the computer to Normal startup mode.

a. Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b. In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

d. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

StewartL2012
Found this helpful 0
StewartL2012 replied on

Hi, I have exactly the same problem yet the solution above does not make any difference at all.
Praseetha K
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Praseetha K replied on
Microsoft

Hi Stewart,

What is the make and model of your computer?

You may refer to the computer manufacture website and try installing the latest version of chipset drivers.

If Windows 8 drivers are not available, then you may install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode and check.

a. Right click on the driver setup file and select Properties.

b. Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7.

TorstenB
Found this helpful 1
TorstenB replied on

Original title: ESENT error, Debugging me.

Getting an error message in window with ESENT stamped across the top. The message itself it, "No debugger is installed on this machine. Please install one now." The only options below this are Retry and Cancel. Anything I can do to stop this from happening incessantly?

I do get the same message when I open or work in IE and when I press WIN-R and start typing.

I run Win8 on HP 8510w.

What kind of Drivers do you recommend to reinstall? I don´t see any errors in my device manager. I will check HP Website for updates that don´t come with Windows Update.

regards, Torsten

LouieRR
Found this helpful 0
LouieRR replied on
I'm having the same issue, i've tried updating the chipset however Gateway has no updates for my laptop or downloads for that matter.  The problem seems to occur when i open internet explorer, i notice this issue started after a system update a few days back. I'm not sure what i can do.
Nicholas_W_
Found this helpful 0
Nicholas_W_ replied on
This thread applies to Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The thread is locked because the information in it might not be relevant or accurate as new versions of Windows 8 become available.   Thanks, Microsoft Communities team.