Error: '0x80048802'; Windows 10 Mail App Error

Hi
Within the last few weeks I have been having a problem with the Windows 10 Mail App.
A similar problem was posted months ago with a different error code, seemingly without being resolved.

When I synchronise manually I receive the error message:
'Something went wrong'
'We are not able to send messages'
'Try again later'
'Error 0x80048802'

MyInternet service is with VirginMedia.
My Email accounts are with Tiscali Webmail(2) and Outlook(1)
The problem appears to occur only with the Tiscali accounts.

Attempts to rectify so far:
'Deleted accounts & re-created accounts' (with no result)
Ran 'troubleshooting app' for Apps. (with no result)
Ran 'sfc -no violations.

I am unable to send but am still receiving mail.
The only changes to the system I've made recently, involve the installation of 'Firefox 43.3' browser to
replace an (INHO) insecure 'edge'.

Any help would be appreciated

Gilbert

Answer
Answer

Hi Yashwanth

After I created another user account, I created an mail account with same settings, as automatically configured by Mail App. with the same results ie  'cannot send messages ..........error 0x80048802......'

I noticed the 'sent' message did not appear in the 'sent 'folder, instead it ended up in the 'outbox' folder where it lay until it was deleted by me.

I decided to do a bit of investigating re 'tiscali config. setting's for use with windows 10 Mail App and discovered that 'talktalk/tiscali' recommended settings are different from those entered by the Mail App. setup.

Importantly eg: they recommended outgoing mail  'port 587' and not 'port 25' as entered by App automatic setup.

When 'port 25 is changed to 'port 587', my messages are sent, Which would suggest that port 25 is being blocked on my device.

BUT:

Until December 2015, this blocking was not the case, as the App was working as setup by App to use 'Port 25' for outgoing mail. I did not 'block' this port, I wouldn't know how !!! What could be blocking 'port 25'

I use windows firewall and avira AV.

It gets stranger as I have a friend with the same tiscali mail setup as myself, who has no problem with his configurations, using 'port 25' for outgoing mail etc.----- it's a mystery.

I'd be pleased to hear your thoughts on this ....

Gilbert

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 2,722 Applies to: