Update failure for Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2929437) Error code 80070005.

Hi,

I am running windows 7  and for days my system has been trying to install  several updates.

I takes ages and upon restart it tries to install it then has to reconfigure the laptop as the update configuration failed

as well as

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2929437)

Installation date: ‎27/‎04/‎2014 1:24 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070005

Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2936068)

Installation date: ‎27/‎04/‎2014 1:02 PM

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2928562)

Installation date: ‎27/‎04/‎2014 1:23 PM

How do I fix this ?

Answer
Answer

Hi Devlin,

Which Antivirus application are you using on your computer?

The error code 0x80070005 is also described as "ACCESS DENIED." You may receive this error if you don't have the appropriate permissions to install a particular update. This can also happen if malware is on your computer. Refer to the following KB article and check.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968003/en-us

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

You can also try this:

Keep the computer in a clean boot status, install the updates and check.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section: “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to: