Unable to install any application Error: Microsoft.VC90.CRT. version= "9.0.30729.6161"

<Original title: Microsoft.VC90.CRT. version= "9.0.30729.6161", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchetecture= "x86", type="win32">

Hi everyone-
I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what is going wrong with several applications I've tried to install on my Windows 7 machine.
This error message was from attempting to install Plex Media Server software.  I've had a similar error when attempting to install the latest version of ITunes.

I've run Advanced System Care Pro and this hasn't helped. Not sure where to go from here. While I know a bit about pc's, I am not familiar with messing around in the Registry...

I've also run it as Administrator, with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks!

Scrrenshot error, word for word:

an error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.CRT. version= "9.0.30729.6161", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchetecture= "x86", type="win32"

Hello Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum.

Usually this Microsoft.VC90.CRT error occurs due to corruption in Windows installer or .Net framework Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.

However I would require some more information to assist you better.

1. When exactly do you receive this error message?

2. Do you remember making any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Method 1:

Refer the below link to download and install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and check.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&displaylang=en

Method 2:

Check if the Windows installer service is running on the computer and is set to manual and service is started.

a) Click Start menu in the search box type services.msc and then press Enter.

b) In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.

c) If the Startup type drop-down list is set to a value of Disable, select the  Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list, and then click  OK.

d) Click the File menu, and then click Exit.

Method 3:

If the above step fails then reinstall .Net framework on the computer and check.

To turn Windows features on or off, follow these steps:

a) Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b) To turn a Windows feature off, then uncheck box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

c) Later click on Ok and restart the computer.

d) After the restart open Turn Windows features on or off again and to turn a Windows feature on, check box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

e) Later click on Ok and restart the computer.

Additional information:

Turn Windows features on or off

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

54 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Amit,
Thank you for your assistance.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to resolve this!

To answer your question, I get this error message when trying to install apps. In fact, I got the same error when I tried to use method #1 above.  I have also tried method 2.
When I attempted method 3, nothing shows up in the box to turn features on or off! I double clicked on the MS .NET Framework icon, and tried to "Repair to original state" but it wouldn't finish, because the other program is still "Rolling back" from the updater!

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.  I've spent over a dozen hours already and at my wits end!  I've also looked at Update Issues, and thought this was the problem.  I"m really needing some input on what to do next.

Thanks so much for all your help!!
Bob

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

1. What do you mean to say, when you say “nothing shows up in the box to turn features on or off”?

2. What do you mean to say, when you say “I double clicked on the MS .NET Framework icon, and tried to "Repair to original state”? Did you tried to repair the Microsoft .Net Framework from Programs and features?

I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Method 2:

Follow the troubleshooting steps from this Microsoft article and check if it helps:

.NET Framework Repair Tool

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2012/10/12/10359320.aspx

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It's been 2 years, so I'm not sure if you're still having issues but this fixed it for me:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26368

Cheers,

RM

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

los programados y el departamento técnico de microsoft no meten las narices para dar soluciones y soporte a los usuarios, es inaceptable que siempre sean los foristas y colaboradores novatos con poco conocimiento de como funcionan los productos MS por dentro, es la que tenga que dar trucos poco prácticos para ayudarnos, aunque 2 de 100 soluciones brujas llegan a funcionar, eso no es excusa para que sea la gente la que se saque la mugre para descubrir algún error..

es mas...

las soluciones provistas por los foros y los reparados FIXIT nunca sirvieron para reparar .NET, VCRT, y mucho menos las KBxxxxx corruptas dentro del almacén ,

las veces que los he probado, nada ha funcionado.¡hasta cuando con estos sistemas tan débiles.!  es aveces y no la gente la que avería algo, no como siempre dicen que es el software extra, son las ms updates, pero siempre se limpian de culpa diciendo que son los programas, pero entonces para que tengo un pc con windows, me estan insinuando que no instale nada, que todo daña el sistema?

entonces para que sirve estos operativos si no se puede instalar nada ya que un solo numerito que se modifique en el registro crea una reacción en cadena destruyendo las partes mas sensibles , soy ejemplo de que tengo windows solamente con emsisoft internet security y chrome. y este sistema en unos cuantos días termina dañado con las nuevas updates.

¿van a echarle la culpa a los de emsisoft que es el único programa con permisos para hacer cambios en el sistema? puro cuento.

se los juro que cuando yo tenia apagado los servicios de windows update, control de cuentas de usuario, windows defender a  la pc nunca se le dañaba el operativo.

incluso años sin reinstalar

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hey i have same problem but make that defferent only my error code is "version = 9.0.30729.1" "token = afc8b3b9a1e18e3b

and prossesor = amd64

i try medhod 1,2,3 and this the result

1=same error showing when i install it

2=nothing can edited on profile

3=nothing is loaded just empy box

here my information

ram:2gb

cpu:1.5 intel

program installed

Java

net. 4.5.1

Adobe flash

directX 9 and 10

windows 8 update lasted

microsoft visual c++ 2015/2005/2010/2008/2012/2030 (if i curret)

WSE 3.0 RUNTIME

microsoft visual studio 2010 tool for office runtime

and microsoft silverlight

that all i have, other only games and app

contact me:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

soo more easy i know you already answer or not

thx

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2024 Views 125,421 Applies to: