"the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

i try to install a theme called "multitheme longhorn...." or something, and after installing another program called "Theme Installer 1.0" for  my windows 7 and after installing i restarted my computer, and after the logon screen tthis message comes up "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" this is then followed by a black screen with the cursor

help me plz, wot should i do

Answer
Answer

Can you get into Safe Mode? Repeatedly tap the F8 key as the computer is starting up to get to the diagnostic menu. If you can get into Safe Mode, try to uninstall the theming programs (which obviously broke something in Windows). If you are unable to uninstall these programs (unfortunately not all programs' uninstallers will work in Safe Mode but do try), then try a System Restore to a date before you installed them.

If you can't get into Safe Mode to do the above, see if you can boot into Last Known Good Configuration. You will find this option on the same diagnostic menu as Safe Mode. If you can get into Windows using LKGC, uninstall the theming programs.

If you can't get into Safe Mode or use LKGC, then you will need to boot with your Windows 7 installation DVD (not a recovery DVD). Select the default language, then choose "Repair your computer"and do the System Restore from there. If you don't have a Windows 7 installation DVD (only have a recovery disc), the computer mftr. may have given you the Windows 7 System Repair option (not a System Recovery!) on the diagnostic menu. If you don't have this option you can make a bootable Windows 7 Repair DVD from the file at this link:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

Note: All the Neosmart recovery disc downloads are torrent files. There is a good explanation of torrent files at the Neosmart website. You will need a torrent client such asmuTorrent to get the files. The torrent client will download the .iso file with which to create the bootable DVD. If you are creating the bootable DVD in an older operating system (XP, Vista), you will need to use third-party burning software such as Nero, Roxio, or the free ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com ) to burn the .iso as an image, not as data. Windows 7 can burn .isos natively.

MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2022 Views 22,459 Applies to: