Receiving Blue screen error with BCCode: 116 when playing games or playing videos.

original title: Desktop crash when gaming - BSOD
Been having problems with my computer either restarting or crashing in the middle of graphic heavy programs(Both gaming and watching videos)
Sometimes generating a BSOD message.
Suspect it to be graphics card related(overheating).
Already checked that fans are working, updated my drivers, and cleaned out the dust.

------------
System Specs :

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Studio XPS 8000
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         860  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4088MB RAM
Page File: 1737MB used, 6435MB available

Display Device
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 220
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2766 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1787 MB
------------

------------
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 18441

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800452B4E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FE5DAE4
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
------------

Your help and assistance is very much appreciated.

Hi,

1.    Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

2.    Which game are you trying to play?

3.    Are you trying to play videos online or are the videos saved on the computer?

Method 1: Start the computer in clean boot to and then try to play the game or play videos and check if the issue persists. To configure your computer to clean boot refer the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow step 7 in the article to boot to normal startup.

Method 2: Update the latest video card drivers and check if that helps. Download and install the drivers from the following link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gt_220_us.html

Method 3: If the above steps did not help then, follow the steps provided in the following link and check if that helps.

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7’

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply.

1) No, been using this setup since the day i bought my computer(2 years back). Only thing that has changed since then was the constant updating of drivers and any windows update related changes.

As a side note, been having crash/reboot problems starting about a year back. Started out with it being occasional, but now it happens more than once a day.

2) Generally any and all mmorpgs.

3) Watching videos on youtube.(The crash/reboot used to happen only when i was gaming, but recently, even browsing youtube videos causes it to crash/reboot)

Already posted about the problem on dells support forum, but have been unable to resolve it with any solution/answers i got there.

Here's what i posted over there :

------------

Basically, have all my drivers constantly updated as soon as an update becomes available, all devices plugged to my desktop are from dell(stock), apart from my mouse and keyboard(both razer).

Noticed 2 situations whereby it happens.

- When i first power up my desktop, it freezes after loading into windows. Ctrl + Alt + Del doesnt work and the only way i can remedy this is to long press my power button to force a shutdown. (Issue might occur again even after force shutdown, but after repeatedly trying over again, eventually i'll be able to get in without freezing)

- While gaming, my desktop crashes randomly, happens when i'm playing mmos, doesnt crash when i'm playing dota or while browsing net.

Have already tried reformatting, and keeping my programs to the bare minimum, apart from the few games i do play or the required few programs needed to run the system, but still getting the crash/freeze problems as mentioned above.

Any advice, help or assitance is appreciated. 

------------

Link - http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19409720/19960044.aspx#19960044

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 16, 2018 Views 1,050 Applies to: