How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

I just bought dell inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Whenever I write or sketch using a pen, my hand touch on screen doesn't let me sketch properly and it is hard to write/sketch without putting wrist on screen.

so I want to disable all kind of body touch while writing.

How can I disable body touch input while leaving pen input enabled on laptop touchscreen?  

Hi! I'm Dan! An Independent Advisor and also a Microsoft user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

Unfortunately, Windows is not capable of this option. However, may I recommend that you buy a "Two-finger Tablet Drawing Anti-fouling Glove". This should be available online.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Dan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alternatively, another expert suggested that you do the following steps.

1. Open "Settings", and click/tap on the "Devices" icon.
2. Click/tap on "Pen & Windows Ink" on the left tab.
3. Check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen

Best regards,

Dan

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

**This is only if you have a pen that is connected to the pc VIA Bluetooth or something similar. If it is a simple touch device, nothing will help you.**

Open up device manager.

Look under either "Human Interface Devices" or "Display adapters". I am pretty sure it is under "Human Interface Devices" (i would be able to look and tell you for sure, but i did this to my laptop about 10/01/19 and then it got a Windows update and has a fatal boot failure.. NOT from this, just from MS crappy updates). 

Under Human Interface Devices there should be something referring to the touchscreen, make sure and any of the other drop down menus you can find something listed about your pen (while it is connected). Its not that big of a deal as long as you don't do the next step to the wrong thing. 

Right click on the touch screen device and click "disable" ONLY DISABLE! DON'T PRESS UNINSTALL! This just turns off the driver for the touch sensors so they can't communicate. Then try touching your screen with your finger, if nothing, then it worked! 

Then try using your pen and if your pen works then Poof! done! 

If not, then go back and re-enable that driver and try something else.  

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 6,053 Applies to: