Create a Windows 7 boot/repair disk

I have a Toshiba laptop that was purchased new with Windows 7 home premium. It did not come with Windows boot or repair disks.  Is there a way to create these from the current hard drive Windows installation? The instructions I've been able to find on line are all about downloaded copies of Windows.

i lost my Administrator password and the recovery options all seem to require having this boot disk.

Answer
Answer

Contact Toshiba and get Recovery/Restoration media.  That really is your BEST option.

Yes - you could download the ISO image of the Windows 7 Home Premium media, use a tool to create a bootable DVD or USB stick, install using that... but you'd need to come up with the drivers and other software and so on (it would be a cleaner installation in many cases, but more complicated for anyone not into such work.)

... but that's completely up to you.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Are you able to load Windows?  If yes, Start > Type Recovery

This will take you to the Recovery Media Creator and you can create your own disk.

You can run the Toshiba Recovery program by turning on your system and holding down the '0' (zero) key.  This will start the recovery program, and let you return your computer to its out-of-the-box-state.  If your Toshiba Recovery partition is not intact, and you did not make a set of Toshiba recovery DVD disks, then you can order them:  Cost is minimal (approx. $20 USD)

Ordering Recovery Disks

These disks will have the drivers and pre-installed software that came on your disks. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2020 Views 16,529 Applies to: