Computer starts with the error “Stop 0x00000d1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”.

Original Title: BSOD which says "Stop 0x00000d1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL",

My M14xR2 I purchased for my daughter keeps getting a error code and BSOD which says "Stop 0x00000d1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", and I have started to get it every day. It also says it could be related to iastora.sys. I think this is a intel driver. Could anyone help me with this.

Alienware M14xR2 Laptop, 750 HDD, 250 SSD, 16 GB MEMORY.

Answer
Answer

Hi Rodney,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you!

From your issue description, I understand that you are unable to work on the computer. Error is “Stop 0x00000d1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”. Please correct me if I have misunderstood the issue.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I need to ask few questions.

1. Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to the computer prior to this issue?
  2. How did you come to know that the cause of the issue is related to iastora.sys – an Intel Driver”?
  3. What is the current status of the computer? Are you able to login to desktop?

Note (1): If you are unable to login to desktop, try the methods below and check after each method:

Method 1: Check in Safe mode:

Step 1: Start your computer inSafe mode”, to start the computer with minimal set of drivers and files.  

Step 2: If the issue does not persist, then perform Clean boot”, to disable third party startup programs.

Troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7.

Note: Once you are done with “clean boot”, please follow Step 3 from the above article to set the computer to normal startup.

Method 2: Start the computer in “Last Known Good Configuration mode”, to rolls back the most recent successful registry configuration.

Method 3:  Upload the Memory dump file and provide the link of uploaded file:

Step 1: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging?  

Step 2: Use the SkyDrive tool, to upload the files:

SkyDrive is a free storage on Windows Live, it’s easy to store and share your files and photos with almost anyone. For more on SkyDrive, refer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/why-SkyDrive  

To make the steps clear, use steps provided in the link mentioned below:

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screenshot/picture.

Reference link:

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7.

Check Disk Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk (Check Disk) on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector. And if any data is available on that sector might be lost.

You may also post your query in the manufacturer’s Support Forum:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/default.aspx

If the issue persists, post your reply with results and questions asked as above. We are happy to assist you with advanced troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2022 Views 31,597 Applies to: