blue screen at startup; 0x00000051

This all started when my mouse started acting weird (right-click menus opening without click, slow responses, snapping to corners), so I started a massive malware and virus scan with MS security essentials and spybot search and destroy. I noticed my windows defender was turned off and tried to turn it back on to no aveil. I also updated security essentials. I set for full scans and went to sleep. In the morning I saw the computer restarted. I logged in to find a message saying I may have been a victim of software counterfeiting from MS security essentials. All my microsoft software were opening windows saying that it could not validate my OS. I needed my product ID. I went to look for it and under product ID it says, "not available". I started trying to repair, restore my Windows 7 professional 64 bit edition without any luck. I didn't make a disk image. I do have my files backed up on a separate drive. Now when I start the computer, after I sign in to windows, I immediately get a blue screen with a registry error and the following codes: 0x00000051, 00000000`00000001, fffff8a0`000242e0, 00000000`00e9d000, 00000000`00000374

Blue Screen View says it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Any1 able to help?

Answer
Answer

I took a look at nfo file and it appears the SATA drivers are the latest available for Windows 7.

One thing you could consider is to update the BIOS as the present BIOS (0422) is dated May 27, 2005 and may not be fully compatible with Windows 7.

Updating the BIOS is not without risk of hardware failure. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 5, 2020 Views 20,064 Applies to: