bcrypt.dll missing after automatic C drive check

Hi!

I'll try to keep things short. When I started booting into Windows 7, an automatic C drive check started. I had never seen that before, so I didn't know what to expect. The text was flowing pretty fast and all I could make out was that it found 1 problem with something regarding bcrypt.dll library. And I think it supposedly fixed it.

Then everything was working fine, until I wanted to use Microsoft Office 2013. It would not work. When I turned it on in safe mode and logged out of my MS account, it started to work more or less. But when I tried to log in again, it couldn't connect to the server. After an hour of fighting I finally just tried to reinstall the thing. And I got the error, that bcrypt.dll was not found.

I also tried to login into MS account on Visual Studio and had the same problem with not being able to connect to the server.

My conclusion is, that bcrypt.dll has been damaged and it is required by MS applications to connect to servers among other things.

In windows\system32 I do have bcrypt.dll (no such file in SysWOW64). I tried to use regsvr32 to register bcrypt.dll that I had and just got a message, that the module has been successfully loaded, but DllRegisterServer entry point could not have been found.

Is there any way to fix bcrypt.dll or do I have to reinstall Windows?

running sfc /scannow solved the issue

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the resolution with us. I am glad that you were able to fix the issue by running SFC scan.

Please let us know in future if you need any assistance.

Thank you,

Waseemulla S

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Years later this answer of sfc \scannow from the command prompt run as administrator saved my day. I was looking all over internet on how to resolve missing bcrypt.dll and finally found it here. Thank You!!

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 8,324 Applies to: