farrukh jawad
Had this question 3
Question
farrukh jawad asked on

microsoft security essential updates

i want to ask that i have to install microsoft security essentials in a computer that is currently not connected to internet. but the computer from which i am asking the question is connected to broadband. actually i want to ask how can i get updates of microsoft security essentials form this computer and how can i upgrade the micorsoft security essentials in the computer that is not connected to the internet. plz reply me as soon as possible
Aiscer
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Aiscer replied on
i want to ask that i have to install microsoft security essentials in a computer that is currently not connected to internet. but the computer from which i am asking the question is connected to broadband. actually i want to ask how can i get updates of microsoft security essentials form this computer and how can i upgrade the micorsoft security essentials in the computer that is not connected to the internet. plz reply me as soon as possible
You can download the Stand-Alone definitions from your computer that has an internet connection through this link:

Malware Protection Center

Just choose the appropriate platform for the Operating System you are currently using. Transfer the file either through your network or using a USB drive then run the file on the computer which has an MSE installation that needs the update.

If you need further instructions you can follow or read this link FIRST .

The Moon, My Crimson Sanctuary
Minion of the Moon, My Crimson Sanctuary
farrukh jawad
Found this helpful 0
farrukh jawad replied on

thanks a lot, but is there no other method other than to download. i mean i cannot copy the updates form the computer connected to internet and paste them in the computer that is not connected to internet. if so possible then tell me how
Stephen Boots
Found this helpful 1
Stephen Boots replied on

Yes, download the definitions on a PC with Internet access and save them to a flash drive, carry the flash drive to the other PC and install them. When they are downloaded automatically by MSE and installed, there is no file for you to copy.
-steve
Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
^_^
MVP Consumer Security, Moderator Microsoft Community