KnudG
Had this question 5
Question
KnudG asked on

Security Essentials error code 0x80070645

I have been through all the theads about this subject, and I have done all the things recommended.  I still cannot install MSE.  And the installation does not create an errorlog (in Docs and Settings/**** as described in one of the threads).

I tired to install AVG, - that went OK, and then I uninstalled it again and ran the independant removal tool afterward, so everythings should be removed.  Still the same result. 

What I do not understand is that there is no log showing what is wrong.  Please help

I am using XP SP3 completedly updated (according to windows update)

Stephen Boots
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Stephen Boots replied on

If "everything" included this thread for the 645 error - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/07b750da-341a-44b6-887f-39c9c11353ed

Then, the best that I can do is refer you to Support. 

To open an email support case, start here:

https://support.microsoftsecurityessentials.com/

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
^_^
MVP Consumer Security, Moderator Microsoft Community
KnudG
Found this helpful 2
KnudG replied on

Thanks, - yes it does.  But since I wrote the question I have found the install log and the error looks like this:

ERROR 2011/02/16 22:36:16:625 TID:788 PID:1148
Operation failed: MorroBootstraper::CInstallFlow::InternalRun - GetAMLocInstallPackage - Cannot complete the Security Essentials installation. An error has prevented the Security Essentials setup wizard from completing successfully. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code:0x80070645. (null) [80070645]

I do not know whether this gives anyone an idea?  I do not know what the GetAMLocInstallPackage is.

Stephen Boots
Found this helpful 0
Stephen Boots replied on

Get Antimalware Local Install Package. I would assume that it is looking for the downloaded installation files and can't find them or something is blocking it. Assuming the former, the thread i pointed you to suggests removing registry keys that are incorrectly populated to cause the install to run as an upgrade. That also means using the Fix-it routine to remove MSE from the PC.

If that doesn't help you, please do open the support case.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
^_^
MVP Consumer Security, Moderator Microsoft Community