MMMat
Had this question 9
Question
MMMat asked on

Outlook wasn't able to complete this request. - How to fix this?

When I try to view an email I get this message:

Outlook wasn't able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report. | Network status

And I can't read it. I can view it only by clicking reply or forward. I also don't know if I get new emails. When I checked the network status it says Ok, but I doubt it. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix this? I registered an account with outlook, because I loved what I saw on youtube ... and now this problems the first and second day...

Please help.

ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP)
Found this helpful 0
ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) replied on
MVP Wiki Author Community Moderator MCC: Content Creator MCC: Content Curator
Have you tried to access your account using another browser or computer? Does the same issue happen?

I recommend that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser. Please clear your browser's cookies by following the instructions on the link below:

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe5a0

We recommend that you scan your computer for viruses and malware using a reliable Antivirus product

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/malware_lp_form/

I suggest you to connect using HTTPS. To do that, follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://account.live.com
2. Under Other options click on Connect with HTTPS
3. Choose Use HTTPS automatically (please see the note above)
4. Click on Save

I Do not work for Microsoft and have no influence in their policies.
Wanikiya & Dyami--Team ZigZag
richardtaylor90
Found this helpful 0
richardtaylor90 replied on

The solution given here is a red herring. It's making out that this is a user problem and a stock answer for many problems.
But I do all these on a regular basis and I also have the same problem but this meesage occurs at differnt times,
What I also find is that I get the message when I click SEND but the email does go as on my club email list I also am a recipient and on receiving the message, I click send again and get told Outlook cannot complete this request multiple times, but then it promptly goes and completes it and I've sent the same email out 3 or 4 times.
It's happened a couple of times on me so now I send, and when I get the message I just wait and see if the email comes in to my inbox, which it does.
So MS, please don't always ask us to do some jiggery pokery to try and fix problems that are most likely down to your system and software.
Lorna_R.
Found this helpful 0
Lorna_R. replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hi richardtaylor90,

We are glad to assist you with your concern regarding to the message"Outlook wasn't able to complete this request". To begin with our investigation, please provide us with additional details by answering the following.

• Does this issue persist on a different computer? 
  • Does this issue persist on a different browser? 
  • Does this issue persist when using a different account?

If you have any questions, feel free to post here.

Thank you.

Vu KhacTiep
Found this helpful 0
Vu KhacTiep replied on

Dear,

I have the same problem on Chrome 25, Firefox 19, and IE 10.
I'm using windows Ultimate 7 64bit.

I tried to clear cache.

Plesease, Help
Francis_S
Found this helpful 0
Francis_S replied on

Hi Vu KhacTiep,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We would like confirm if you are still encountering this issue at this moment? If so, please answer the questions made by Lorna_R for us to isolate the issue.

Your answers will surely be a lot of help for us to determine if your concern is somewhat connected to a known issue which can be found on this link.

Thank you.

Tiwari andAssociates
Found this helpful 0
Tiwari andAssociates replied on

When I try to view an email I get this message:

Outlook wasn't able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report. | Network status

Please find below answers to questions asked by Lorna_R

Does this issue persist on a different computer? 

-Yes

Does this issue persist on a different browser? 

-Yes

Does this issue persist when using a different account?

-No

elsteve
Found this helpful 0
elsteve replied on

I have the same problem.

I was working away fine on hotmail, then I was forced to changed to outlook by an automatic update & all of a sudden emails from a certain user that I had always been able to read & view, suddenly gave this message:

Outlook wasn't able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report. 

I reported it to MS but no response !!!!! 
danielle herbertson
Found this helpful 0
danielle herbertson replied on

i have the same prob, however please can you note it is only emails sent from my supplier who are based in france, they send me emails with stock up dates and emails saying my items have been dispatched and i have not been able to view any of these emails!!!

I notice someone says they can only view emails if they forward them, please can you tell me how to do this as i cant open the emails i require and can not find an option for this pre opening the emails

thanks

Judith_C.
Found this helpful 0
Judith_C. replied on

Hi Tiwari andAssociates, elsteve and danielle herbertson,

We apologize for the delayed in response. We are experiencing high contact volume at this time which has caused our delayed response.

@ Tiwari andAssociates,

Since we have already isolated that this is an account issue, we are asking permission from you to access your account for investigation. We would need you to provide us the following information:

• Grant access to your account
  • Affected email address
  • Alternate email address
  • PUID

To give us your permission to access your Microsoft account, reply to the request from the support agent and include the following text in your message:

"I grant you my permission to access my Microsoft account."

***** DO NOT give us your current password.

Before you grant us to access your account, please refer to this link:

What should I do before I grant access to my account to the support moderators?

To get your accounts PUID, refer to this link.

I created a private message area where you could provide the needed information.

Note: To view the secure private section, you'll need to be signed in and click on the notification (which can be found at the top of the thread) that states "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section" or by clicking the "Private Messages" tab.

@ elsteve and danielle herbertson,

Please answer the questions provided by Lorna_R for us to isolate your issue.

@  danielle herbertson,

In addition to the questions of Lorna_R, since you have mentioned that this only happens to one specific sender/email, are you also receiving the same error message?

Get back to us with the answers for us to continue our support to this issue.

Thank you.

RAUMILSHAH
Found this helpful 0
RAUMILSHAH replied on

I have the same prob, however please can you note it is only emails sent Incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in which include Password protected PDF file,and i have not been able to view any of these emails!!!

I notice someone says they can only view emails if they forward them, please can you tell me how to do this as i cant open the emails i require and can not find an option for this pre opening the emails

And I also notice below mentioned ways

Does this issue persist on a different computer? 

-Yes

Does this issue persist on a different browser? 

-Yes

Does this issue persist when using a different account?

-No

thanks

Previous Previous Page of 4 Next Next