IMAP throws Error 9 - Server error when fetching mail

Hello,
first thanks for finally creating an IMAP interface for Outlook.com, it will come in handy.
I have a grave issue with one of my accounts: I have very large amount of e-mail messages in my Inbox (7000+), and when I try to open or download the folder using IMAP, I get the following error (I'm using Thunderbird):

The current operation on 'Inbox' did not succeed. The mail server for account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** responded: Error 9: Server error. Please try again later.

This error appears after a minute of waiting for a response. I have several other folders in my mailbox and I can open most of them just fine; I have one more folder with 10000+ messages that also refuses to open through IMAP. And that Inbox is somehow cursed too.

I don't seem to be capable to solve this from my chair. Could you please look into this?

Thanks!
Pavel
Answer
Answer
Thanks to everyone reporting issues with error 9. I'm very sorry for the difficulties this has caused!

While we've solved a handful of the issues causing the error, we're still working to deploy one more fix that we believe will address the bulk of the remaining errors. We are targeting deployment completion very soon.

Thanks,
Ben

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2023 Views 5,059 Applies to: