Can't receive emails from a third party domain in Outlook.com.

Original Title: PHP E-Mailer won't work unless sender e-mail address is in safe senders list

Sending an e-mail using a PHP script where reply-to:, return-path: and from: addresses of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or *** Email address is removed for privacy *** seem to not get through to my live webmail both inbox or junk (Now Outlook I think) unless the sender address is in the 'Safe Senders' list in webmail. if I use google webmail logged onto *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and send it to hotmail to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it gets through without having *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in the safe senders list in live.

Why is there a difference? Why does the e-mail from Google webmail get through when the PHP script doesn't when *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is NOT defined in the safe senders list? Is there something missing in the PHP header statement?

When the return-path:, from: and reply-to: fields are set to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the e-mail gets through to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** without *** Email address is removed for privacy *** being set in the safe senders list under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** webmail.

This problem makes no sense, yet I can consistently reproduce the problem every time. Why do some sender e-mail addresses work in the PHP script without defining in the safe senders list where other e-mail addresses don't!?

(removed for privacy)

Does anyone have any ideas as I am a volunteer Webmaster looking after a website for a local cycling club, and of which most people who use the site are technically illiterate and I don't want to explain to 30 members to put my e-mail address in the 'Safe Senders list' in Hotmail / Live / Outlook Webmail if I can avoid it.

Thanks, Ian Jope

Hi,

Thank you on bringing up this matter to us. From what I understand on your issue, when you send an email from your third party domain it wasn't reached Outlook.com. Also, you have mentioned that when you use a Gmail account it went through without a problem. To resolve this issue, if you are a customer using the 3rd party email service or a Hotmail/Outlook.com customer who is unable to receive emails from a particular 3rd party domain:

Contact your domain administrator and ask them to visit the
Sender Information for Outlook.com Delivery and they have to fill out the e-form that can be found on this link.

If you are the 3rd party Domain Administrator:

1. Please review our policies and guidelines at http://postmaster.live.com.

2. If you are in compliance, submit a support request to our Email and Delivery Filtering Services team by clicking on the link to the e-form under the troubleshooting section in the postmaster site mentioned above

For more information about this issue, you can visit this Solution article:

Why are the emails sent to Microsoft Account rejected for policy reasons?

If you need further assistance with this issue or any other Outlook related issues, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What is the hyperlink to "Sender Information for Outlook.Com Delivery" my 3rd party webhost needs to read?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Response from 3rd Party Webhost Provider Below. How do I get a good reputation - is there another way other than time? Is it something I have to register for? What is the maximum number of e-mails that can be send in a day until reputation established? At the moment we e-mail on average about 3 times a week to about 190 e-mail addresses registered on our website, of which only 30 members belong to Live / Hotmail / Outlook domain for e-mail.

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.

Webhost Response:

Conditionally mitigated

Our investigation has determined that there are no active blocks against these IP(s); however, some messages were filtered. We have confirmed that these IP(s) are eligible for conditional mitigation, but may be subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good reputation. Please note that this mitigation does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered to a user's inbox.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

Please get customer to try again in 24 hours.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We understand your concern about not being able to receive email and we will assist you. The limits are used as a deterrent to spammers and are part of helping to reduce the amount of spam you received in your Inbox. There are maximum numbers of messages an account may send in 24-hour period depending on the reputation of the account.

We suggest to validate your account using SMS by going to this website:

http://sms.live.com

Or use your account regularly to gain reputation on your account.

Kindly let us know the results. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2024 Views 1,678 Applies to: