outlook.com sync error on HTC One phone

I have not changed anything on my phone.  Started getting message yesterday that "an authentication error has occurred"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the account settings prior to this issue?

• Are you able to access your Outlook.com web account on a computer?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did not change anything on my phone.  Yes, I can access Outlook on my computer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still have not heard back with any suggestions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem as ACL8150 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab4 beginning about two days ago (17th April 2015).

The authentication error started after accessing the website resulted in my having to change my outlook.com password and activate two-step verification there.

Access to my outlook.com email account from the standard Android (Google or Samsung)-supplied Email app which had been working fine until this time.

I deleted my outlook.com account from the Email app on my phone and tried to add it in again. This tells me that the server password that I'm using (I'm trying to use the account password for my outlook.com email - which still works fine via my computer) is incorrect.

So different servers are used for access to outlook.com email from mobile devices. In this case it appears that it/they are out of sync with the computer access server/s in some way.

The same server password problem is occurring on my Samsung tablet (from the same time), i.e. unable to connect to my outlook.com email account.

I found http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/outlook/to-go and saw that the server name is now s.outlook.com (I had been successfully using h.outlook.com (?) on my phone and am using Exchange server bay405-m.hotmail.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync on my tablet).

So somehow I am no longer able to access my outlook.com email from my mobile phone or tablet.

I would appreciate being able set up my outlook.com email on both of these devices so any assistance that you could provide would be appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

More info:

I can login to my outlook.com email from my computer and the Inbox is shown but I can't open any of the emails in the Inbox.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 976 Applies to: