I cannot configure my account on my phone as it gives an error message "a windows live hotmail plus subscription is required to use hotmail accounts with mail"

Original Title: New Iphone 5c not allowing me to use my hotmail account

I just got the iphone 5c and I am trying to sync my hotmail account to it. It is giving me a message of: "a windows live hotmail plus subscription is required to use hotmail accounts with mail". why is that?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question here in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you with your concern about not being able to set up your account on your mobile device.

At this point, we will be asking you to provide us more details so we could narrow down the issue. Please answer the following:

·         Can you provide us the exact steps that you have taken to setup your account on your new mobile device?

·         Does the same issue persist if you configure a different account?

·         Does the same issue persist if you access your account using a different mobile device?

·         Did you make any changes to your account prior to this issue? If yes, provide us the exact steps that you have taken.

For investigation purposes, also provide the following:

·         Affected email  address

·         Mobile device make and model

·         Device operating system and version

You can post the email address on the private message that I've provided. Please make sure that you're signed in to this forum to view the link.

Note: You need to click the notification that states “You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section” or by clicking the “Private Messages” tab.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to post back.

Regards,

Johayber T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hi johayber my name is hisham and aim having the same exact problem with my live acc i can sign in everywhere even in safari in the same mobile but i can't sync my email with the mail because of the pop up saying you need to have a live subscription plus plzz help!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you pick the account type, choose "Outlook.com".
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still it is not working 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Log into http://www.outlook.com/. Examine the left end of the menu bar. If it says "Outlook.com", then on your iPhone, tap Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account. Choose "Outlook.com". Enter your @outlook.com address and password. Tap Next. If the menu bar says "Outlook Mail", tap Settings>Mail, Contacts. Calendars>Add Account. Choose Exchange. continue as above. This should add your account.

Note that if you have two-step verification enabled for your Outlook.com account, generate an app password first and use that when you enter your Outlook.com credentials into the phone.

All this does work because I've done it multiple times.

Brian

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2023 Views 832 Applies to: