Cannot download e-mail message from hotmail/outlook server to MS Outlook 2007.

I have MS Outlook 207\07 installed on my PC. I have a hotmail account. I configured a hotmail account under outlook using POP3 mail (pop3.live.com and smtp.live.com) and tried to download all message from hotmail/outlook server. I expected to get all messages in all folders including Sent folder in corresponding folders in outlook. But, only Inbox messages in hotmail and perhaps junk messages are downloaded. No other folders and mails inside them are downloaded. I also download outlook connector and configured to receive messages from hotmail.com/outlook.com server. Again I got similar results. As advised in this forum and many other fora, I deleted and created account using outlook connector and also other pop3 account. But there is no luck for me. Somebody suggested MS fix for it, and I tried the same. But, there is no use. Please help. My thanks are in advance for helping to solve this problem.

Hi shanglur

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.  We apologize for the delayed response.

I understand you are inquiring as to why only the Inbox is being downloaded when you use POP3.  Let me assist you. 

That is simply how POP3 works, it would only download the contents of your Inbox and not other folders.  If you would like other folders to be synced as well, you might want to use the IMAP protocol.

For the configuration settings, you might want to check out the articles below: 

Set up an email app with Outlook.com

Use an Outlook.com account in Outlook

If you are having issues using Outlook 2007, let me refer you to Outlook Forum Support here for assistance.

Let us know should you have any inquiries.

Regards, 
Leah V. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Leav,

Thanks very much for your response. I deleted POP3 account and created an IMAP account. But, still it does not work. It downloaded Inbox and other two folders Large Mail and Unread Mail. It did not download content of other folders including Sent folder from Hotmail.

Regards,

(removed for privacy)

Hanglur Srinivas Varna

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi shanglur,

We understand your concern about not being able to see all folders on your mail client and we will assist you. In order for us to better understand the root cause of the issue, may I ask the email address that you're having problems with and also the Operating Sytem of your computer for investigation.

Also we suggest to enable the POP connection for apps in Outlook.com. Here are the steps:

1. Login to mail.live.com

2. On your Inbox page click the gear icon besides your name.

3. Click More mail settings

4. Under Managing your account choose connect devices and apps with POP

5. Make sure that there is round tick besides POP

After enabling POP settings then configure your account again using POP and verify if the issue persists

If issue still persists, you can post the needed information on the private message that I've provided. Private message tab is located at the top of your post. Please make sure that you're signed in to this forum to view the link.

We will wait for your response. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Simple,

Just download Microsoft's Outlook Connector and install it. Search Outlook Connector. There's a Gmail connector as well, but Hotmail is seamless.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2021 Views 2,408 Applies to: