Hyperlinks menu option is greyed out and I can't edit links...but it worked yesterday morning........

I am using Word Web App in Chrome. I am very impressed so far, but I did notice that the Links button under the Insert menu was greyed out and I was unable to insert a link. All of a sudden, yesterday morning it was working (both the button and right click) and I was very excited. But then yesterday afternoon when I went to show someone, it was no longer working (either the button or right click) and is still not working now. I have tested accessing the file via Safari on a Mac and no luck there either. This is driving me crazy, please I need help.

[EDIT] I have done some more testing. And if I create a file from scratch, I get all the expected options. So what possible properties could be set up on this one file that does allow me to edit or insert hyperlinks? Does it matter that the file is shared and has track changes on? (Which it did before yesterday morning......)
Answer
Answer

Hello Sacedric,

Thank you for your question. Word Web App presently does not support creating and editing of hyperlinks if the document has track changes on. You will have to turn off track changes if you wish to insert hyperlink and turn it back on.

Thanks,

Bikram

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2023 Views 11,096 Applies to: