Outlook 2010 - Email Signature Formatting

Hi

I need help with Outlook 2010.  My perfect veryboring html signature in Outlook 2007 shows code and other changes once I upgraded to 2010.

I type in a very plain text signature - and it automatically reformats it by entering new lines or splitting lines.

None of my old signatures work as they appear in the signatures editing box on receipt at the other end for a 2010 or 2007 user anymore.

I cannot seem to fix it anywhere.  Previously you could advance edit them somewhere.

HELP

Answer
Answer

Which version of Windows do you use?

Signatures files use the following combination of file types to store information: .rtf, .txt, .htm. which is stored in the folder oatch given below:

For Windows 7 and Windows Vista: drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

Windows XP: drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures

Try to open the .htm file from the Signature folder, if the signature appears correctly in Internet Explorer try the following steps, else you may need to recreate the signatures using the steps given  here:

Hold and press the Ctrl key and then click on the Outlook icon to open it in safe mode, verify if the signatures appear correctly in Outlook. If it does, disable the add-ins in Outlook 2010 using the steps given below:

1.    Open Outlook

2.    Click on File> Options> Add-ins

3.    Click on ‘GO’ beside Manage – COM Add-ins and uncheck the add-ins > OK

4.    Restart Outlook

If the above steps do not fix the issue, create a new Outlook profile using the steps given here and verify the status.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 22,843 Applies to: