Microsoft Mappoint Software Questions

Two questions in Microsoft Mappoint:

1. The Zoom In and Zoom Out feature, is there a way to be able to size the map view yourself, to an in between magnification?  For example if my magnification is 400X, then the next size over is 150X, then the next view over is 48X, is there a way I could get a magnification/view of 225X or 80X? rather than simply the default views?

2. I work at a catholic hospital.  We use an index called the CNI-community needs.  the community needs is an index that determines how destitute a certain zip code or region is in terms of the people in poverty.  A 1= low poverty, need, 5 being the most needy/poor.

Each zip code is assigned a CNI.  I have loaded this data into an excel spreadsheet and imported it.  My color coded data map and frequency table is by CNI values.  The darker the color of each zip code, the more poor and destitute the zip, the higher the CNI.  Conversely, the lighter the color, the less poor and needy, the lower the CNI value.

And while the map turns out pretty nice, and I like the color coding/shading, it is too much clutter because of all the zip codes.  Is there a way to keep the color coding for each CNI by zip, yet NOT display the zip codes on the map?

I have Mappoint 2009.

Eric

Hello Eric,

You've posted your question to a forum for Access, Project, InfoPath and Visio products.  Please repost your question to the newsgroup for Mappoint.  See:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mappoint&cat=en_US_80e08708-02ae-4235-8163-15f73f6eb041&lang=en&cr=US

I hope this helps.

Julie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 414 Applies to: