Major problems with Onenote 2013

Hi all, 

My Onenote program has serious issues. First of all, some sections (at least several sections of each notebook) are "corrupted". I have a screen where it says "there is a problem with this section" and both the power point slides I put in AND my notes are gone, the entire section is not visible. When I press the section to fix the problem I get a "we could not make a backup of this section, do you want to repair anyway?" and I answer "yes" I get a "we could not repair this section". Furthermore, most pictures I have are damaged, where only parts of the picture are visible and the rest are blurred out. Generally all my notebooks are having problems syncing and under "sync" I see the following messages: 

It looks like this section file is corrupted. OneNote might be able to fix it, but you should avoid working here in the meantime. (Error code: 0xE00001BB)

It looks like this section file is corrupted. OneNote might be able to fix it, but you should avoid working here in the meantime. (Error code: 0xE000012E)

It looks like this section file is corrupted. OneNote might be able to fix it, but you should avoid working here in the meantime. (Error code: 0xE0000140)

I save my notebooks on to a USB and I have the Student 365 version. 

ANY help is much appreciated as I honestly dont know what to do anymore, I have tried several of the help pages here on Microsoft support and nothing helps. It cannot be true - that I have lost the majority of my notes. 

Kind regards

Christa 

Answer
Answer
Take a backup of all notebooks saved on all the locations, delete it from Onedrive, upload it again and then try syncing them.
Truth is still truth, even if you don't believe in it.

86 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2024 Views 18,928 Applies to: