Saving office documents onto a wireless flash drive

Hi,

I recently purchased office 365 personal so that I could edit office documents on my iPad, which I could previously not do.  I also purchased a wireless flash drive so that I could use the same documents on other machines than the iPad and PC at work.  I can open documents from the flash drive on my ipad, but I cannot seem to be able to save them back to the flash drive, only OneDrive or a sharepoint site...any way to get around that and be able to save to my wirless flash drive?

Answer
Answer
You should never work with a Word document that is opened from removable media (which I would consider a wireless flash drive to be) and nor should you save directly to such a device.  Corruption of your document is almost certain to happen sooner or later.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Saving to and opening documents from flash drive from Word in particular has never been a good idea. It is a ripe source of document corruption and loss. Adding wireless connection into the mix offers even more scope for disaster. You should always SAVE locally (or to Onedrive/Sharepoint) and COPY to and from removable media.
Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 698 Applies to: