Is there any possibility in Office 365 on iPhone on another place than sharepoint and skydrive?

I open my documents on my iPhone via dropbox in Office 365 and edit them. I'd like to save them back to dropbox but I have only the possibility to save them to skydrive and sharepoint. Is there any way to add dropbox? Is it planned to open the system? If not it would be useless for me and a lot of my friends because I don't want to move all my files from whereever they are.

Thank you

Hi Andrea,

As of now you can only open and edit the files from Dropbox but you will not be able to save the files back to the Dropbox from Office 365 on iPhone. The only options available are SharePoint and SkyDrive.

Since the Office 365 on iPhone has recently released, it might take time for the developers to make it more robust, reliable. And also to improve the Office 365 on iPhone performance as well additional features.

If you have any query and issues with Office suites and office related products, reply and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No, apparently not.

This article:
July 31, 2013 07 31- Microsoft Office for Android is pathetically bad, too

http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobile-technology/microsoft-office-android-pathetically-bad-too-223816

I haven't tested, but the article says you can't:
<snip>
Office Mobile is a pleasant-looking app, and it integrates nicely into Microsoft's SkyDrive cloud storage service, which is essential as Mobile Office depends on SkyDrive and SharePoint to access your files. Although you can open a document attached to an email into Office Mobile, you can't open documents stored in the Android file system or in a cloud service like Dropbox. And you can't save files anywhere but to SkyDrive or SharePoint; even the poor Google Drive app can store files locally. This means you also need a live Internet connection to save your work. Mobile Office is simply too tied to the Office 365 cloud.
</snip>

this article specifies the inclusions, does not explicitly mention the excluded cloud services:
<snip http://winsupersite.com/office-365/office-mobile-iphone-review  >
Office Mobile for iPhone lets you connect to three types of online document services: SkyDrive, SharePoint Online (part of the business versions of Office 365), and on-premise SharePoint.
</snip>
As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

This is very sad.  I am trying to upload a resume to a job site from the cloud and am very frustrated.  I have to wait until I can download the document on my home computer and then resave it.

Not very helpful!

S. Hurley

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

The latest release of Office for iPhone provides support for Dropbox, please take a look here for more details.

Thanks,

Fergal

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 692 Applies to: