How to open .docx file from OneDrive on Android?

HI,

I have a number of .docx files saved on One Drive I would like to view on my Android phone, but I can not open any of them.

These files do not have passwords and I have not added any protection to them myself. I don't need to edit them, just view them.

Office Mobile states that it can't open digitally protected files!?!?! Seriously, why?

I have tried using Kingsoft Office which I have added One Drive to, but it keeps asking me for a password? I haven't added a password, what's going on?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community.

I need more details to assist you with the issue:
Does this issue occur with all the .docx documents saved on the One Drive?
How were the documents created, using Word online or Word desktop application?

Did you purchase any Office 365 subscription?

Meanwhile, verify if you are able to open the Excel files and check if it opens.

Login in to Word online, create a new document and then try to open the document on the android device and check if it opens.

For issues related to Kingsoft Office, please contact the respective vendor for support.

Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you put one of the problem documents in a folder of your OneDrive that you set to be shared and then post a link to that folder back here, I will see if I can open it on an Android device and\or try and find out what is causing the issue.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2022 Views 856 Applies to: