double ?? when using word for ipad with dictation

I am using word for iPad. 

Hardware: iPad 4 with iOS 8 and all updates installed.

I have been relying heavily on dictation to help me with some very large work documents. For the last couple of days when ever i dictate i am getting double ?? between each word. I guessing this means that it isn't sure of the word. Sometimes it is there from the beginning but other times i think it is okay and then it goes back to ?? between each word. I have tried both on and off wi-fi (using cellular data with 4bar LTE connection)

I tried using an email in the apple environment and i had no issues.

I tried doing the reset information i saw in a previous thread with no success, 

The real kicker is that i figured just go with it and i will delete the ?? later using find and delete on my windows desktop.... BUT... it didn't save those sections, again i am guessing because it wasn't verified...

any help would be greatly appreciated, i am under the gun for a huge work project that i was relying on this to help me complete in time.

My fall back is going to be email my self the notes from the apple product and then edit them when i get them on my desktop. I don't want to though if i can help it.

Thank you

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Office Word Community.

If you’re having issues with ‘Dictator’ feature in all apps on iPad then it would be best if you get in touch with the iPad support for further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have opened a ticket with them, their feeling is that because it is not happening in apple native apps that it is a word issue.

thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 146 Applies to: