Can I make offline mode the default?

I just started using Word for iPad and will be using it mostly in areas with no internet/ cell phone connection. Often for weeks at a time. It looks like I am able to save documents to the iPad without internet, but I have to fight my way through multiple pop-ups telling me I have no connection to do so. Is there a way to turn on an Offline Mode where it will just save the documents to the iPad as the default without warning me multiple times that I have no connection, then upload them when a connection is regained a week later?
Answer
Answer

Thanks so much for all the info. I understand the frustration you're seeing with this workflow, and will pass it on to the rest of the team.

You mentioned you clicked on the OneDrive tab when attempting to save your duplicated file, which caused an alert notification. Instead of tapping the OneDrive tab, can you scroll horizontally to where you can see the tab for iPad (local storage)? Then you should be able to directly tap that location to save to the local device without seeing that alert.

Additionally, if have previously downloaded a file from OneDrive (you can see which files have been downloaded in the Recent tab), you can open and make edits to that file even without an active network connection. After you have saved and closed the document, once your device regains network connectivity again, your changes will automatically be uploaded to OneDrive. Would this also work better for you?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2023 Views 1,844 Applies to: