Benoit Barabe
Had this question 35
Question
Benoit Barabe asked on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

FAQ: OneNote Mobile for iPhone/iPad 1.3

(last edited 12/12/2011, 3:00pm PST)

New release 1.3 available on the app store

A free update to OneNote Mobile for iPhone version 1.3 is now available through the iTunes App Store. If you previously installed OneNote Mobile for iPhone, simply tap the App Store icon on your iPhone and then tap Updates. When the new version appears in the Updates list, tap the OneNote icon, and then tap the UPDATE button to install the new version.

A new download is also available for OneNote Mobile for iPad version 1.3 through the iTunes App Store.  This is an iPad-optimized version of Microsoft OneNote. If you have a previous version of OneNote for iPhone installed on your iPad, you can avoid confusion by deleting it before installing OneNote for iPad version 1.3.

FAQ: Install/Login issues

1.    My question is not answered below, now what?

We want your feedback! Go to the  Microsoft Answers forum  and post your questions there. It is frequented by many users who might be able to help and is often visited by the OneNote product development team and the Microsoft Support team.

2.    I get a crash - now what?

We are receiving crash information through iTunes automatically when syncing your device. To help us solve your issue, please post on the   Microsoft Answers forum and give as much details as possible.

FAQ: Usage questions

1.    When will you release the application in my location?

OneNote for iPhone 1.3 and OneNote for iPad are now available in the following markets;

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

2.    Where is <my favorite feature>? When will it be added?

Since we use the app, too, we want it to be as awesome as possible. We listen to all feedback and consider it for future releases. Your feedback helps us know which features are most important to you. However, for a variety of reasons we cannot discuss planned features, their priorities, or the dates that we expect these features to be released.

3.    Why can't I see notebooks that others have shared with me?

If others have shared their notebooks with you on SkyDrive, you can now sync them with your device and work on them together. You must first turn them on in the OneNote for iPhone Notebook Settings.

4.    Why can't I see all of my content on my iPhone?

The current release supports text, images, checkboxes, bulleted lists, and table rendering. We do not support rich text formatting or table editing. Other content types (including ink and math equations) are not yet supported. We prioritized support for different types of content based on the top needs of most mobile users. We will continue to evaluate and prioritize additional content types for future releases.

5.    Why are my notes going to the "Personal (Web)" notebook, and why is it needed?

The current OneNote Mobile for iPhone app needs this notebook to exist to synchronize the "Unfiled Notes" section. There is currently no way to change the location of "Unfiled Notes" in OneNote Mobile for iPhone. Do not delete this notebook (you'll see it show up again if you do). If you prefer to have all of your notes in one notebook, we recommend using the "Personal (Web)" notebook. You can open this notebook on the OneNote PC client from the   http://www.skydrive.com site. Open the "Personal (Web)" notebook in the web app and then click "Open in OneNote". From now on, you will be able to see your notes from the PC client.

6.    Where did my text formatting go?

Text formatting is not currently supported. Please note that you will lose formatting on a paragraph if you make edits to that paragraph with OneNote Mobile for iPhone. Paragraphs that you do not edit on your iPhone will preserve their original formatting when viewed in other versions of OneNote.

7.    Why aren't my pages syncing to new content that I added on other devices?

We've worked hard to make the sync experience as seamless as possible. For many users, it should "just work." However, for those who use multiple platforms in quick succession, it may help to know a bit more about how and when the app syncs. The iPhone app does not sync a page while you are viewing or editing it; it will attempt to sync content to and from SkyDrive when you enter and leave the page. You can also manually trigger a sync at any time from the settings screen.

8.    Why am I asked to upgrade?

The free download of OneNote Mobile can be used to sync up to 500 notes with your device. If you choose not to upgrade to the unlimited version, you can still view, sync, and delete any of your existing notes even after you've reached the 500 notes limit. However, you will no longer be able to edit your notes or create new ones on your iPhone or iPad.

To upgrade, do the following:

1.    On the Notebooks tab, tap Settings

2.    Tap Upgrade

9.    Is there a way to manage the number of notes I have in my OneNote for iOS app (iPad or iPhone)?

Yes. You can manage the number of notes in your OneNote for iOS app by choosing which notebooks you sync with your mobile device.

1.    From the Home Screen go to settings

2.    Choose Notebook Settings

3.    Select which notebooks to sync to your device by toggling Off/On

4.    Go back to the Settings Screen and sync

Benoit Barabe, Director of Development in Office.
Benoit Barabe
Found this helpful 3
Answer
Benoit Barabe replied on

We will keep editing the post above as needed. Users requiring assistance should create new thread ("Ask a Question").
Benoit Barabe, OneNote Development Manager.
indont
Found this helpful 24
Most Helpful Reply
indont replied on

Table! We need table support!

we all know onenote is designed as a real notebook so all the texts on it were located quiet freely.

the only way to organize them is using a table to map them.

so, I found I used a lot of tables and they cannot be read on onenote mobile...

Steve Silverwood
Found this helpful 2
Steve Silverwood replied on

Good idea, doing that FAQ.  Thanks for the hard work!

-- /Steve/

Benoit Barabe
Found this helpful 3
Answer
Benoit Barabe replied on

We will keep editing the post above as needed. Users requiring assistance should create new thread ("Ask a Question").
Pommefritzh
Found this helpful 10
Pommefritzh replied on

Hi,

When will this be avalible for other Countries? I'm using Onenote at work and it is the only app I'm missing on my Ipad.

CBrook1234
Found this helpful 2
CBrook1234 replied on

I really would like to have this app this also, I have tried the other one note mobile noter but it is not as comfortable as this looks to be. Please Please have it ready for Germany as soon as possible!

Benoit Barabe
Found this helpful 0
Benoit Barabe replied on

Updated FAQ above. We released 1.0.2 to the US App Store today which takes care of login issues some users were reporting.
revsorg
Found this helpful 0
revsorg replied on

Add my vote for a free UK release :)
PDES
Found this helpful 4
PDES replied on

Add my vote for a free UK release :)

Ditto - Why are we being discriminated against?  As a loyal OneNote user for many years, I am desperate for this on my iPhone.

Please Microsoft - RELEASE IT!!

CBrook1234
Found this helpful 1
CBrook1234 replied on

Having some sort of timeline would also be helpful, will it be next year, next month, tomorrow :-)

MaNeRG
Found this helpful 0
MaNeRG replied on

no veo respujesta, asi que insisto ¿cuando estará disponible para otros paises, en especial Chile? Es una muy buena herramienta y desanima saber que somos relegados de testear y usa un producto.

indont
Found this helpful 24
indont replied on

Table! We need table support!

we all know onenote is designed as a real notebook so all the texts on it were located quiet freely.

the only way to organize them is using a table to map them.

so, I found I used a lot of tables and they cannot be read on onenote mobile...

Previous Previous Page of 9 Next Next