Benoit Barabe
Had this question 16
Question
Benoit Barabe asked on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

FAQ: OneNote Mobile for Android (now available!)

For all of you who've been asking (and patiently waiting) for a version of OneNote for your Android phones, we have great news: OneNote Mobile for Android is now available! Download it from the Android Market app store today!

See our blog post for more details.

I cannot install OneNote Mobile for Android?
OneNote Mobile for Android requires Android version 2.3 or higher.  You can check your version of Android in settings and make sure you are up-to-date.  OneNote Mobile for Android will not work on older versions of Android. It is currently only available on the Android Marketplace.

Is OneNote Mobile for Android available in my location?
OneNote Mobile for Android is available in the following markets:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Where is <my favorite feature>? When will it be added?
Since we use the app, too, we want it to be as awesome as possible. We listen to all feedback and consider it for future releases. Your feedback helps us know which features are most important to you. However, for a variety of reasons we cannot discuss planned features, their priorities, or the dates that we expect these features to be released.

Why can't I see all of my content in OneNote Mobile for Android?
The current release supports text, images, checkboxes, bulleted lists, and table rendering. Other content types (including ink and math equations) are not yet supported. We prioritized support for different types of content based on the top needs of most mobile users. We will continue to evaluate and prioritize additional content types for future releases.

Why are my notes going to the "Personal (Web)" notebook, and why is it needed?
The current OneNote Mobile for iPhone app needs this notebook to exist to synchronize the "Unfiled Notes" section. There is currently no way to change the location of "Unfiled Notes" in OneNote Mobile for iPhone. Do not delete this notebook (you'll see it show up again if you do). If you prefer to have all of your notes in one notebook, we recommend using the "Personal (Web)" notebook. You can open this notebook on the OneNote PC client from the   http://www.skydrive.com site. Open the "Personal (Web)" notebook in the web app and then click "Open in OneNote". From now on, you will be able to see your notes from the PC client.

Why am I asked to upgrade?
The free download of OneNote Mobile can be used to sync up to 500 notes with your device. If you choose not to upgrade to the unlimited version, you can still view, sync, and delete any of your existing notes even after you've reached the 500 notes limit. However, you will no longer be able to edit your notes or create new ones on your Android device.

Benoit Barabe, Director of Development in Office.
JacquelinePeters
Found this helpful 2
Answer
JacquelinePeters replied on
Thanks! I've never been so happy to see an app come to the market. 

Nice to see that you are actually listening.

Th
emersonvier
Found this helpful 13
Most Helpful Reply
emersonvier replied on

I like my ONENOTE 2010, on my notebook, but for use on androind I need:

Inking support
Access password-protected notes
Tablet optimized
Open OneNote 2010 Notebooks

EMERSON VIER

JacquelinePeters
Found this helpful 2
Answer
JacquelinePeters replied on
Thanks! I've never been so happy to see an app come to the market. 

Nice to see that you are actually listening.

Th
Ben M. Schorr (@bschorr)
Found this helpful 2
Ben M. Schorr (@bschorr) replied on
MVP

Good things come to those who wait. ;-)

http://www.onenote-tips.com/tips/ondroid.html

http://www.officeforlawyers.com
http://www.onenote-tips.com
CJacobsen
Found this helpful 4
CJacobsen replied on
And you geo-restricted this application WHY?
Benoit Barabe
Found this helpful 1
Benoit Barabe replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

There are many practical reasons why we couldn't release in more locations - some of them include regulatory requirements, Android market limitations in some locations, or issues with a few languages that we want to fix before releasing to ensure a good user experience. Given the strong demand, we didn't want to delay the release.

We intend to expand to more markets in the future.

Benoit Barabe, Director of Development in Office.
emersonvier
Found this helpful 13
emersonvier replied on

I like my ONENOTE 2010, on my notebook, but for use on androind I need:

Inking support
Access password-protected notes
Tablet optimized
Open OneNote 2010 Notebooks

EMERSON VIER

Josh Shipley
Found this helpful 3
Josh Shipley replied on
I'm enjoying the Android OneNote app. One important feature for me that is missing is the ability to connect to notebooks on a SharePoint site.
ng0ofy
Found this helpful 1
ng0ofy replied on
I cannot sign in to  windows live via the application. It says: "Can't sign in We are unable ti sign in because server is unavialible. Please try again later." I've trying since an hour...
KeithRyde
Found this helpful 9
KeithRyde replied on

I much prefer Onenote to Evernote.

BUT

I use Onenote 2007 and do not want to upgrade to 2010.  Onenote Mobile is therefore next to useless for me.

There are no different versions in Evernote as far as I am aware.  It all just works on my desktop, laptop and Android phone.

Looks like I am being pushed towards Evernote.

GoGordoCAN
Found this helpful 1
GoGordoCAN replied on
Does this mean that there will be a version for the Blackberry Playbook right around the corner? I think all it would take is a quick conversion!!

CJacobsen
Found this helpful 7
CJacobsen replied on

Language issues don't apply to users that speak english in a restricted country (in my case Thailand). Microsoft products, including Office, are openly sold (both legal and pirated) here. Don't agree with your geo-restrictions, but hey - its your application.
Previous Previous Page of 11 Next Next