Word missing from computer

I recently logged on to my computer and was about to type up a paper on Word and all the Word software that I downloaded was gone from my computer. I tried searching for it and nothing came up. I downloaded it for the University use and I am really wondering where it went. The Sky Drive is still on my laptop though. Please help.

Hi Victoria,

As I understand Microsoft Word application is missing from the computer. Let me assist you with the issue:

Follow the steps mentioned and check if it helps:

Step 1: Check if Office 365 program is installed on the computer:

·         Go to Control Panel< Programs and Features.

·         In the programs list check if Office 365 program is installed.

o    If yes, then Office 365 program is installed on the computer hence, follow the steps from Step 2 onwards.

o    If no, then Office 365 program is not installed on the computer hence, install the program to use Office applications.

Step 2:

Go to Start menu and type Word, on the left hand side of the window check if you are able to view Word application. If yes, follow the steps mentioned to pin Word application to Start menu:

Go to Start Menu, in the charms bar click on Search, in the search ribbon below the search bar select Apps and check if you are able to view all the Office applications under Microsoft Office 2013 group. If you want to move the Word/other Office application tile to Start menu for easy access of the application then;

Right click on the Word/other Office application and click on Pin to Start. Then go to Start window and you may just drag and drop the Word tile to appropriate position. Similarly follow the steps for other Office applications too.

Step 3:

If you are unable to view the Word application in the Start menu and under Apps group then browse to Office 15 folder and check if you are able to view the executive files for Office 2013 applications:

o    Browse to the location mentioned below

Win8 32bit:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Office 15

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX86\Root\Office15.

Win8 64bit:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\Office 15

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX86 or ClientX64\Root\Office15.

o    Right click onWINWORD.EXE click on Send To< Desktop (Create Shortcut).

Step 3:

If you are unable to view Word/Office applications under Office 15 folder then repair Office 365 installation and check.

Follow the steps mentioned to repair Office 365 installation:

·         Close all the Office applications.

·         Go to Control Panel< Programs and Features.

·         In the programs list, right click on Microsoft Office 365 program and click on Repair. Choose Online Repair option to repair the Office installation.

I hope the above suggestions help. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 6, 2024 Views 4,193 Applies to: