Word for iPad won't list OneDrive Files

I have been using OpenOffice on my Windows computer and OfficeSuite on my iPad since Microsoft Office was not available everywhere.  When Word for iPad came out, I purchased Office 365 and have it on my computer and iPad.  I am having trouble with my Word for iPad.  The app itself works fine, but I can't open my files on Onedrive (which is where I save my files so I can access them everywhere).  When I open Word for iPad and go to my OneDrive Documents, I get an error to check my internet connection (but only when I go to Documents, it works fine when I go to Music or Pictures or Recent Files), but I am connected.  Very annoying and I had to go back to OfficeSuite and will have to not renew my Office 365 if not fixed soon.  This has been a problem for months, and still not fixed.
Answer
Answer

It did not work, and it happens in all the Office apps for iPad (including PowerPoint and Excel) it is just that I use Word 99.9% of the time.

The error I get when I try and see what I have in my "Documents" on OneDrive in the Word app is:

Cannot Connect to Server

The server may be unavailable.

Check your internet connection and try again.

This has been the issue since I installed the app months ago.  From what I read on the internet, it seems like this only happens to people with large amounts of data in their Documents folder (not sure if that is the really issue) and I do have over 10 GB of data in my Documents folder.

I have found a work around yesterday after posting this question.  I can go to the OneDrive app and click the file I want to save and OneDrive opens it in Work for iPad.  And OneDrive does not have this issue with opening my "Documents" folder.  Thank you for your help, and having this issue fixed would be very useful, however, this work around is very convenient, as I can see all my files, not just the Word files and can open any file from the one app.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2023 Views 7,585 Applies to: