Word 365 running slowly when connected to OneDrive

Hi

I have been having some trouble with Word 365. Basically whenever I am editing a file that is saved on OneDrive, Word runs really slowly. It can take up to a minute for my typing to appear and is pretty much unusable, yet if I pause synching on OneDrive it all works fine. This problem has only started happening this week and I have changed nothing about my system in this time.

I have tried turning off background saves and animations but this has no effect and it is only Word that seems to be affected (I have also used Excel but there is no problem).

I was wondering if anyone here has seen this before and if anyone knows how to help?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Answer
Answer
Hello Dan,

Thank you for replying.

Since you were able to access the documents stored on OneDrive in Word safe mode, issue could be caused due to the add-ins.

Let’s disable the add-ins one at a time as mentioned in the article to determine the problem causing add-in(s).

https://support.office.microsoft.com/en-us/article/Why-cant-I-start-my-Office-2013-application-52bd7985-4e99-4a35-84c8-2d9b8301a2fa (section 'If the Office application starts, let’s disable the add-ins one at a time).

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2024 Views 4,391 Applies to: