Word 365 (2013) Oxford reference under "Reference" menu?

Hello!

I'm writing a paper in school and I'm having major problems with finding a way to use the reference system "Oxford". As I've understood it APA, Harvard and Oxford as the 3 most common systems for references to use. On my university either Oxford or Harvard is recommended. But in Word you can't select Oxford, only APA or Harvard (and some others). Is there a way to add "Oxford" since it is the one I prefer to use personally?

I would prefer to use the built in "source handler" thingy (källhanteraren) (I use Swedish Word so Im not sure exactly what it is named in English). If I can avoid using a 3:rd party application that would be good. Can you not just get an updated xml-file or something to have my reference systems added to word or something?

Oxford should already be installed on Word and I can't figure out why Microsoft haven't added it already.

Cheers!

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

The Oxford reference style is not available by default in Word and needs to be added. You will only find a few reference styles added by default while others need to be downloaded and added to the Microsoft Word bibliography style directory.

In order to resolve this issue you may refer to the following Microsoft Answers link and check if you can manually download and install the Oxford reference style. Follow the set of steps as shown in the following link to search for and download the Oxford reference style:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/harvardoxford-referencing-style/cef1f98b-f10c-44f9-99ac-ff3c22869f2c

Hope the above information helps to resolve the issue. Let us know the result.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi guys,

Im hoping that Office 2010 can have the Harvard and Oxford methods of referencing added to the bibilography styles!

http://bibword.codeplex.com/releases/view/15852

This link will give the office 2007 version, however is incompatible with 2010.

I tried to download those styles but I could not find Oxford styles. Oxford is the only one I want to use but it seems like it's very hard to get hold of them. Am I missing something or are they named something else then Oxford?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thanks for the link. Problem is that I can't find the Oxford style that I wanted. I can find other styles under your link but not Oxford. Is the Oxford style named something else in that collection of styles or is there another reference system that are similar to Oxford?

These I found in the zip-file:

Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas (ABNT)
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
American Medical Society (ACS)
American Medical Association (AMA)
American Sociological Association (ASA)
Chicago Footnotes (beta - not in zip)
Council of Science Editors (CSE)
Harvard - AGPS
Harvard - Anglia
Harvard - Exeter
Harvard - Leeds
Humana Press
IEEE
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)
Modern Humanities Research Association (MHRA)
Nature
Vancouver

Any other ideas where I could find a Oxford reference style?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Since the Oxford bibliography style is not available now; I see that this is a useful feature for Word. Thank you for sharing your issue and requirement with us. We listen to all feedback and consider them for additional feature/future versions of our products. Your feedback helps us know which features are most important to you. We appreciate your continued interest in Microsoft products and services. Microsoft is committed to continuously improving your experience with our products.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any updates on this subject?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As you might imagine I have not heard a thing from them. They are not too interested in fixing the Oxford reference style it seems.

EDIT:

Mohan Suryanarayan, you claim that the link you have posted include "Oxford". Even if the name of the link implies that is the case "... harvardoxford-referencing-style ...", it is not so. There are no Oxford reference styles there what so ever.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2024 Views 10,772 Applies to: