The certificate you selected cannot be verified. Please check your network connection. Do you want to use this certificate? Microsoft Word 2013

I added a signature line to my Microsoft Word 2013 document (using Office365) and with inserting the signature image I get and error message:

The certificate you selected cannot be verified. Please check your network connection. Do you want to use this certificate?

If I continue, the signature is inserted with Recoverable Signature and it doesn't date stamp the signature.

I have a valid internet connection (attested by the fact that I am creating this question) and have confirmed that tracking is turned off, since I thought this may be the culprit.

Please advise.

Hi Deb,

Have you purchased and installed the Digital Signature on the computer?

You may refer to the following link ‘Add or remove a digital signature in Office files’ and check if it helps.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-or-remove-a-digital-signature-in-office-files-HA010354308.aspx

Also for issues with Digital Signature in Office application, I would also recommend you to post your query in the Office IT Pro forum for better suggestions.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitprolegacy/threads

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance, you may reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problem. I am trying the use my email certificate to sign a Microsoft 2010 Excel spreadsheet which already has the signature line in it. After entering my signature name text and clicking okay, a popup message states The certificate you selected cannot be verified. Please check your network connection. I have verified through ActivClient card reader software that my card is working and it finds my email signing certificate. The fact that I am able to post to this forum proves that I have a valid Internet connection. Any clues as to what might be causing this issue?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I solved this problem in the following way:

First, I double-clicked the signature line in the saved document with the red text reading "Recoverable Signature".

In the dialog box, there is a warning about the signature. Click "Trust this signature..."

88 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 32,996 Applies to: