Sign in message in Word

Hello...I recently purchased MSOffice and have been using Word for a writing project.  With my new laptop, I keep getting a message at the top of my document: "UPLOAD FAILED: You are required to sign in to upload your changes to this document."

There is a small box that says "Sign In" that seems to be a link, but when I sign in, nothing happens.

I know I am signed into MS with my account. I can get to OneDrive and see the documents I have stored there, but I cannot seem to do the reverse: save a document to OneDrive because it thinks I'm not logged in.

Unless there's a step I don't know about when it comes to logging in here? 

When I go to the Word screen that lists my recent documents, it says my changes were saved but could not be uploaded because I'm not signed in to the server. The "Resolve" box doesn't help; it also gives me the sign in option, but when I click on that, nothing opens.

I have looked on Microsoft's OneDrive help pages but I cannot see this addressed anywhere.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Answer
Answer

Hello Susan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with Word issue.

Do you find this issue only with Word documents?

You may open Word application, click on File, Account, User Information, Sign out from all the user account and then sign in using the registered email account and check if Office application works as expected.

You may refer to the following link on how to troubleshoot problems uploading files on the OneDrive.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/upload-file-cant-faq

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2024 Views 3,425 Applies to: