OneDrive not working properly

Split from this thread.

This happened to me when I installed Office 365 on my laptop. Onedrive works fine on the laptop, but not on any of the other PCs - where it used to work fine before.

I had been quite happy with OneDrive, but I guess I'll be looking for another alternative as I have no intention of paying through the nose to subscribe to 365 and I think the whole idea is to force people onto 365 and subscription payments.

It's probable that you now have two OneDrive accounts - the original one and one that is associated with the account that you used to obtain Office 365.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense.

1 - I use the same account details on both Laptop and Desktop.

2 - If I did 'set up' a new account when I loaded and installed 365, why did it link to the account I usually use since I would have had to use a different username/email and password combination?

Later: I just opened up Word on Laptop and Desktop. In the startup page the profile image and email details are the same.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have issues with OneDrive, it would probably be better to post to the OneDrive Forum

Well, I'm not sure this is a OneDrive problem - as far as I can tell, it has been caused by the installation of 365 on my laptop ergo it is a 365 problem - and there are others here with exactly the same problem using 365. This is a quite specific problem which is not currently being discussed on OneDrive forum so why would I start a thread on a different forum when there is already one here?

Oh, and a search for the same problem on OneDrive forum elicits this gem from the forum moderator

>

Regarding your concern about opening files in your SkyDrive account, I suggest that you post this concern on the Office Web Apps forum. Moderators on that forum can best address that kind of concern.

This despite the fact that the originator specifically mentions more than once that he is using the native program, not an app or web browser.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought that you said that "Onedrive works fine on the laptop, but not on any of the other PCs"  Just what is it that it no longer does on those other PCs?  Is the problem with OneDrive or something else on those PCs?
Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since installing Office 365 on my laptop, I have been unable to open Office files in their native programs on my other PCs, other than as 'read only'.

This is the case whether I open them through the program or through double clicking the icon in the OneDrive folder.

But I see what you're getting at; although this is a problem that has apparently been caused by 365, it is actually a problem with OneDrive - so I'll go over there to look for solutions.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 235 Applies to: