Office 365 REALLY Slow

I know this is already addressed, but nothing I read really helps me.  I have office 365.  I run windows 8.1.  I have my documents on the computer and cloud (one drive).  It takes forever for one character to appear.  I type a sentence and it's five minutes before it is on the page.  In the meantime I can't move around in the document.  Sometimes it saves and I can't do anything.  I have to write a lot of documents and this is cutting my productivity in half.  What on earth can I do.  (Note, I am not a techie and so please explain your responses in lay person terms.  I have checked my computer basically and no malware or viruses, etc and everything is runniing fine.  This slowness is the norm, but occasionally office runs fine.  I have this problem in Word.  Thanks to whatever help you can give me.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know this is already addressed, but nothing I read really helps me.  I have office 365.  I run windows 8.1.  I have my documents on the computer and cloud (one drive).  It takes forever for one character to appear.  I type a sentence and it's five minutes before it is on the page.  In the meantime I can't move around in the document.  Sometimes it saves and I can't do anything.  I have to write a lot of documents and this is cutting my productivity in half.  What on earth can I do.  (Note, I am not a techie and so please explain your responses in lay person terms.  I have checked my computer basically and no malware or viruses, etc and everything is runniing fine.  This slowness is the norm, but occasionally office runs fine.  I have this problem in Word.  Thanks to whatever help you can give me.

OK, I am replying to my own post.  I found the Office Upload Center and paused it.  Now the slowness seems to have stopped.  I'm hoping that if I just leave this paused and then un-pause it when I am done working it will continue to be fine while I work and then upload to onedrive when I'm done.  (Keeping my fingers crossed that this is all it takes to solve the problem)

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

And so, pausing upload only sort of helps.  It still have significant periods when word is "not responding".  This is so very frustrating.  MS Office, please fix this.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Office Word Community.

I would like to know if the issue occurs only with Office Word 365 application.

If the issue occurs only with Word application, I suggest you to open Word in application safe mode and check how it works.

To open Word in application safe mode: From ‘Start’ screen > type ‘winword /safe' (Without the quotes and note the space in the command)

If you’re able to work with Word in safe mode, then follow the steps provided in the article below and check if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Note: Ensure to read the registry disclaimer provided in the article before making any changes.

Let us know the result to assist you further.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This does not work.

The problem is that MS Office 365 is excruciatingly slow - sometimes.  Not every time.  But more often than not.  And when it is slow it becomes almost impossible to use to compose any sort of document.  

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to if the computer is on domain/network.

Also do you access SharePoint?

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I really don't care why Office 365 won't work.  Excel and Word is so slow it is impossible to use. 

Just fix it.   I shouldn't have to go thru all this stuff to fix a program I bought and paid for.. It does not perform, period. 

196 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Office Community.

We understand your concern about Office applications running slow.

As this is not a normal behavior, we need to troubleshoot the issue to identify the cause.

So please follow the troubleshooting steps provided in my previous post and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MS Support,

I have the office 365 suite and i also experience considerable high latency with MS Word. When trying to save a file it is up to a 3-5 second delay as to when the file actually allows me to save. When trying to type Characters the cursor actually disappears, i did find a trick when this happens just hit the space bar and it will bring the cursor back to the document. The word application is mostly what i use and have to constantly shut down the application and relaunch word. As i have read many Technet blogs this is a big issue for MS word at the moment, i cannot speak for excel or powerpoint as i do not use those as often as i use the word application. Even when posting in this forum there is a delay for the cursor so i am thinking it could be a bigger issue with the MS applications. 

I am running Windows 8.1 with all of the updates recommended by Windows update. 

I have a Toshiba C55-b, 2gb RAM, @.14 ghz, 64bit. 

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated for all posting to support for help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Office Word Community.

As you have mentioned the same issue occurred when posting here, I request you to check if the same issue happens with other Office applications and as well as with other programs in the PC.

This helps us to narrow down the issue if it’s a one program specific or with the Operating System.

If it’s an issue only with Word application then open Word application in safe mode and verify the status.

To open Word in application safe mode: From ‘Start’ screen > type ‘winword /safe' (Without the quotes and note the space in the command)

Reply with detailed information which will help us to analyze and assist you in better way.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MS support, 

Is running outlook in safe-mode the solution for the product that many users have complained about in this forum and over the internet? Please provide a viable solution to an on-going problem that persists with the office 365 suite. I have used multiple computers and different account and the only common application is the office 365 suite. This would be the equivalent to running my computer in safe mode all the time, not an option.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2023 Views 44,637 Applies to: