MS Word, Office 365, Auto-Correct Stopped Working for New Entries

I use Office 365, and in Word, I've created several auto-correct options for different letter combinations to expand into common words that I use.  For instance, I have qq set to expand to Defendant, etc., etc.  

This has been working fine until this morning.  When I opened a document that I had saved last night, and tried to use the different letter combinations, several of them did not work.  So I thought they had been un-added somehow, and redefined them in the Auto-Correct Options menu.  

Still, these particular entries are not expanding.  Strangely, some of the older existing entries are working, but when I redefine those, they stop working.  

Any ideas what could be causing this?  There are no exceptions that I can see (and it's the same problem even in new documents) and all the appropriate Auto-Correct options are checked.  

I'm about to reinstall and start over but hope someone can give some suggestions!

Answer
Answer
Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 455 Applies to: