MIcrosoft Office documents not opening properly

I am experiencing difficulty opening all types of Microsoft Office documents including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.  I have recently purchased Microsoft Office 365 with the purchase of a new Dell Inspiron 7000 series.  It is operating on MS 8.1.  When I first purchased this laptop and software I was able to open all Office documents with no problems.  I then began having difficulties opening all documents that were uploaded on my colleges website, I am now having difficulty opening documents that have been emailed to me as well through GMAIL.  I have had to open a blank document with the program that I am trying to use in order to open any attached documents.  It is becoming rather annoying to have to do this and would like to know what I can do to make it so I can just open attached documents properly. 
Answer
Answer

At your own risk, you can go to File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Protected View and remove the check mark from the first three items.

Better to save the attachments to the local drive and then using File Explorer, right click on them and select Properties and then click on the Unblock button.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,035 Applies to: