macro language support message pops up whenever I try to open Word Document in Office 365

Just installed Office 365 on my desktop but now I am getting the following error message when I try to open all Word documents:  "The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support. When this software was installed, you (or your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls." Can't seem to fix it.

I installed Office 365 and uninstalled Office 2010. Now I'm plagued with these messages everytime I try to open a Word document. I can click on it 3 times and it goes away, but it's very annoying. How can I fix this?  I also get a user account control message asking if I want to let it make changes to my computer.... happens when trying to open every Word document, but didn't do this before loading Office 365.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community. We are glad to assist you with your concern.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues when opening Word 2013 applications.

To resolve the issue, let us perform a Quick Repair of Office 365 and then verify the results.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/project-help/repair-or-remove-office-HA010357402.aspx

If the quick repair does not work, then you may perform Online Repair and check.

I hope this fixes the issue. If not, reply and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 23, 2023 Views 10,022 Applies to: