Looking for a large computer monitor for displaying MS Word pages at 100%

I have a 23” computer monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 which displays a letter sized (8.5” x 11”) MS Word page at 79% in the ‘One Page’ or ‘Multiple Pages’ view. 

I am looking for 100%, i.e. the size of the display of the MS Word page on the computer monitor should be 8.5” x 11” in the 'One Page' or 'Multiple Pages' view. Any recommendations for such a computer monitor?

(I am only doing office productivity work, I am not doing any graphics work, nor do I do any gaming. In other words, I am looking for a good quality display for doing office work, but there are no further requirements.)

If you require the monitor to remain in landscape orientation, and if we assume that the pixel dimensions remain the same, then some simple math says that you need a monitor that's a bit more than 25% larger in each direction -- at least 29" diagonal with a resolution of at least 2430 x 1366 (a more common size and resolution in that range appears to be 30" at 2850 x 1600). Monitors that large, from reputable manufacturers, tend to cost $1000 and up.

On the other hand, if you can mount your monitor in portrait orientation or get one that rotates, then you don't need anything larger than the monitor you already have. Your video card probably came with software that can rotate the display 90 degrees in either direction.  That will accommodate the full page at 100% plus the ribbon, scroll bars, etc.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, but I need actual user experiences rather than math, sorry! The monitor has to stay in landscape orientation for doing other office work.

I am aware of the Acer B326HUL and the BenQ BL3200PT  Both are 32" , 2560 x 1440 , about $600. There are some user reviews out there, although none specifically on MS Word. I wonder if anyone has actually stared at such monitors for 8 hours a day, month after month ...

I am also willing to consider other and more expensive monitors when backed up with user experiences.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 813 Applies to: