Integrating work PC environment and apple home environment - help

I work on office 365 at work from a PC.  However I have recently taken the decision to buy a personal MacBook and an iPad.  I am ready to buy a home premium office 365 to get mac for office and have editable word docs on my iPad .  The main ideal use at work is to take my iPad or MacBook into meetings, view a doc that I have "sent" from my PC ( not sure easiest way?) edit a document in meeting and return it to the desktop PC environment to work on, thus saving time.  The main personal use on MacBook is to get an outlook system, and also to do a similar back and forth syncing of docs on personal projects.  I'd appreciate advice on how simple it is to toggle from work to personal use and how best to set up the relevant systems?  I have admin permissions to download extra stuff at work as we are a small organisation.

also, am I correct in saying that if I send a word doc from PC or Mac  to iPad, then start editing it there but eg go into a tunnel (London tube!) I won't be able to save it on my iPad because it needs to save to the cloud?  Tho if I started it on the iPad it will save to the iPad?  

Thanks in advance for all help

You are correct, the ipad has to be connected to the net to be able to save data to onedrive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 5 Applies to: