Insert Julian date with Word

I use Julian style datetexts to name areas within word files. I copied the Julian date from a paper calendar and marked it as Heading1.  Its a great way of taking notes and automatically compiling them. The today+julian date is added in Heading 1 text and all items after it are in larger numbered Headings. Its easy to assemble the notes and then use Table of Contents or Indexing functions. When Table on Contents  or indexes with links jump to the spot in the file you need.
      I am assuming the hypertext link function was not removed (?) but is there a convenient way or app to give me a form of Julian date ?
Should I just use   2013-03-11 date insert instead?  It does make it a bit harder to do  various number of days calculations from that format when something needs to happen 30 or 60 or 80 days later then a date.

It would be a great app if you could get a question box " how many days to you wish to add for an end date calculation, and then deliver an end date in the format  2013-0#-## format"
example something like
today+ 21 days   response today is 2013-03-11, the end date is 2013-04-01 Monday

This would be great for anyone dealing with "its takes 21 days to do something?
 It could have a spinoff for working days.

By adding this to Office 365 rollout could be a snap>

Yes I will submit to being an Alpha or a Beta test sight for this product/app.

/s/ Dan Barry
Answer
Answer

What, exactly, are you calling a julian date? I see a lot of things called julian dates that aren't (especially ordinal dates).  Julian dates are just numbers, sometimes with a decimal to indicate time of day (per Star Trek).

That said, to see how to dojust about everything you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Microsoft Word Date Calculation Tutorial, at:
or
Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2024 Views 1,786 Applies to: