Increasing balloon text size Office 365 Windows 8

Good day,

I've found the way to increase the balloon text size used for comments (after a long long Google search), but 

1) the way to do this is véry cumbersome (pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shirt + S... I mean, come on!)...

2a) it doesn't remember the settings, even if I mark 'set as default' (or the Dutch variant: 'Nieuwe documenten gebaseerd op dit sjabloon'), so I have to change it for every new document...

2b) which wouldn't be a huge problem if the default size would be a bit bigger (font size 11+ preferably).

In general, the way to increase the balloon text size works counter intuitive and should be adjustable by right clicking the comment box – where it even shows 'Font'. But when adjusting the font size this way, the font size in the main(!) text is changed, instead of the font in the comment box / balloon. This, IMHO, is a bug. 

Can you please let me know if my remark (it's not really a question) is clear? And is this the right channel to post it?

Thank you, 

Rob Steijger (freelance Dutch editor)

Answer
Answer

Press CTRL+SHIFT+s and in the Apply Styles dialog that appears, type

Comment Text

into the Style Name: box and then press Modify and change the size of the font in the Modify Style dialog that appears and then select the "New documents based on this template" radio button to change the style in the template so that it will apply to all documents subsequently created from the template.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Office Word Community.

To help you better, we need few details about the issue.

1. Are you referring to balloons which show up for track changes or for comments?

2. What do you mean by ‘Main text’ and ‘Font’ in comment box?

From ‘Style Pane’, try to edit the ‘Comment Text Style’ and select ‘New documents’ based on this template and save the style.  This should ensure all the documents using that template will have the same comment style.

Also it would be best if you can provide us the screen shot for better understanding on the issue which will help us to analyze and assist you in better way.

In order to add the image, click on the ‘Insert image’ icon present in the ‘Reply’ window.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 671 Applies to: